EJR Beads

Author Topic: Forum Purpose & Rules - PLEASE READ FIRST  (Read 9599 times)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Forum Purpose & Rules - PLEASE READ FIRST
« on: March 26, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
Welcome to The Polyclay Forum, owned and maintained EJR Beads. Please take a moment to see why this forum was created and familiarise yourself with the rules.

I set up The Polyclay Forum with several aims in mind:

Firstly, I find myself answering many emails each week asking about polymer clay, often requesting the same info. So it made sense to save time and place my responses online. By using a forum format for doing this, others can join in too with their experiences and expertise. Any posts starting “PB”(Post Bag) will be questions I have been asked off-forum many times along with my response. Please feel free to add to these threads as you would to any other! 

Secondly – I wanted a place dedicated just to polymer clay, where clayers can chat, meet new friends, share their work and pose their questions.

Lastly, I wanted somewhere for Self-Representing polymer clay artists with work for sale to share their listings. Whilst this forum does have a “No Commercial Advertising” rule (see below), independent designer-makers are welcome to link to their website, etsy shops or auctions etcs.

Rules

No Commerical Advertising :

This forum is funded and maintained by EJR Beads, so the promotion of commercial businesses other than EJR Beads (either directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly) is disallowed.

If you sell mass-produced beads, jewellery, craft or polymer clay supplies or you sell tutorials, you may NOT link to your online business in any way (this includes in signatures in posts or private messages or alluding to your business in your forum identity)

Neither may any member recommend or refer to any such third party. Please refrain from asking “who is the cheapest for” or “where to buy “ type questions. If you are seeking a specific product and cannot find what you need at EJR Beads, please google for it and keep the forum for general clay chat.   If you feel any post or private message has violated this (or any other) rule, please feel free to report it to the moderator.

SRA Designer-Maker Advertising

Individual SRA designer-makers MAY promote their polymer clay makes for sale. This includes links to your website, Etsy, Facebook etc. , providing you are not also selling any mass-produced supplies or tutorials. At my discretion I may disallow members whose only contribution to the forum is to post and run! You may not sell your work direct from this forum.

Signatures

Signatures may include a small banner (no larger than 400 pixels wide x 55 tall) and two lines of text, providing the No Commercial Advertising rule is not voilated by doing so. Signatures should include links only, no sales copy or animated signatures please. Only SRA designer-makers complying with the NO Commercial Advertising rule may use their business name in their signature or forum profile.

Posting Other People's Images / Asking About Specific Artists' Techniques

All members are encouraged to post pictures of their own work on the forum - that's what we love to see! However, please do not post images of other people's work without their permission.

(Likewise, it is generally considered bad ettiquette to ask how a specific artist has achieved a certain look. The technique might be something they earn their living from, either by selling their work or by running classes or selling tutorials. So, in such cases you are encouraged to contact the artist direct instead and ask them personally for advice on how you can learn their techniques.

If you have seen several artists using the same technique - there is far more chance that the technique is already out in the public domain somewhere and no-doubt someone on the forum will be able to help point you in the right direction.)

Other Rules

Please be polite and respectful to fellow members – nastiness, bigotry and gossip has no place here. Please do not critique other members' work unless they specifically ask for constructive criticism. You are welcome to discuss controversial subjects in GENERAL if they are relevant to polymer clay, e.g. ethics etc, but you may not discuss or allude to individual cases.  Please remember this forum is open to polymer clayers of all ages, so refrain from using bad language.

Any member contravening the forum rules will find their posts modified. If you have any questions about the rules please contact me. These rules may be honed and adapted as we go along, but hopefully this lays out a clear starting point.

Thanks for reading – right, now let’s talk polyclay!

Emma  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:40:53 AM by ejralph »
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
Re: Forum Purpose & Rules - PLEASE READ FIRST
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »
bump!

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
Re: Forum Purpose & Rules - PLEASE READ FIRST
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »
Bumping this thread as a reminder to all members of the guidelines for the forum.