EJR Beads

Author Topic: Seasonal colours and sales  (Read 7549 times)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Seasonal colours and sales
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
Do the colours you work in reflect your own personal tastes?

For me they couldn't be more different - my own tastes for clothing etc tend to be very natural, muted shades. Autumnal and so on.

But for my polyclay work, I tend to prefer bright, in-yer-face colours that I would seldom wear myself.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
Not really, although sometimes the colours might reflect the mood that I am in on a particular day (black today!! What does that tell you!). I keep going back to blues, greens and yellows though, I guess they remind me of the sea!   :D :D :D

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
Pete I'm the same, always end up making stuff in blues, greens & I think it's all down to my love of the sea!  ;D

Peter

• Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »
Pete I'm the same, always end up making stuff in blues, greens & I think it's all down to my love of the sea!  ;D

:D :D :D

fluff

• Faith
    • Abyjem Hand Made Jewellery
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
I tend to just make what I want - whether it be in clay, silver, beading etc.  I cant be fashion-conscious -  I have to want to make something and at least like the colour - otherwise it goes into the ufo box, never to be seen again! lol   ::)

ladamemo

• bury treasure
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
I also make what I like but will sometimes make things that I think others will like.
carrie - nuts but not a nutter!!

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 08:10:37 AM »
I tend to make more green things than other colours as that's my favourite and I can feel happy about the colour while trying the technique

Shirley

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
I tend to make things in colours I like, mostly an autumnal palette, and also I've notriced that the clay I buy tends towards those colours too. So that doubly restricts the colours I use!
Shirley

Peter

• Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:29 AM »
I tend to make things in colours I like, mostly an autumnal palette, and also I've notriced that the clay I buy tends towards those colours too. So that doubly restricts the colours I use!

I know what you mean Shirley  :D :D :D

I've started mixing most of my own colours as the palettes that you can buy are too restricted in the colours that I want.

Alison

• Millefiori Studio
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »
My biggest sale of the year is the Bath Christmas Market and this year we're at Winchester too! I always make lots of black, red, blue and green items and include some crystal and silver to give sparkle. Purple is very popular too and I usually add a little pearl clay to my mixed colours to liven them up under the lights in the chalet. I'm not too fond of 'tangerine tango' but some of the other Pantone colours for this year are lovely, especially 'jelly bean' and the deep pinks, and they can easily be mixed with a certain clay!

Alison.

Shirley

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
My biggest sale of the year is the Bath Christmas Market and this year we're at Winchester too! I always make lots of black, red, blue and green items and include some crystal and silver to give sparkle. Purple is very popular too and I usually add a little pearl clay to my mixed colours to liven them up under the lights in the chalet. I'm not too fond of 'tangerine tango' but some of the other Pantone colours for this year are lovely, especially 'jelly bean' and the deep pinks, and they can easily be mixed with a certain clay!

Alison.

I must come and look for you at the Bath market if you are there this December  :)
Shirley

Alison

• Millefiori Studio
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Hi Shirley,

Yes please come and say 'hello'. We'll be there from the 22nd November till the 9th December and are chalet 19 in the main square.

Alison.

Shirley

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
Hi Shirley,

Yes please come and say 'hello'. We'll be there from the 22nd November till the 9th December and are chalet 19 in the main square.

Alison.

Hi Alison - I'll come & find you :-) It gets so incredibly busy in town when the Christmas market is on, with all the visitors, that I'm afraid I tend to rush straight home after work to avoid it! Shame really, as I'm sure I miss out on lots of lovely things, but I find the crowds really claustrophobic. When I have been through it seems like the stalls in the middle do much better than those on the edges, so you're in a good spot there.
 :)
Shirley

Alison

• Millefiori Studio
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
Hi Shirley,

We've had a chalet at the market since 2002 and have seen it grow every year. On a Saturday, visitors can come to a complete standstill in the main square and it's worse if rugby is on at the Rec. Security guards operate a one way system and people shuffle past very slowly! It's always worth doing, though and I hope to see you there at some point during the 18 days.

Alison.