EJR Beads

Author Topic: Buying chain by length..  (Read 3043 times)

Jinx

• Another Clayer from Denmark
Buying chain by length..
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:25:23 AM »
I all, just got my delivery whit the tiniest roundnoseplier ever saw..

And the funny part.. I orderet some silvercoated chain by mesurement.. I apparently read the instruction for ordering WRONG - it seems that I orderet 10 meters of each..  8)

Only 2 different types tough, but now all my jewelry will have to go on silvercoated chain. But it's ok, I will get use of it..

Jinnie
To many things to try and too little time!
http://www.amio.dk/butik/madebyjia/produkter

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
Re: Buying chain by length..
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
Look on the bright side, Jinnie, at least you won't be running out any time soon.  I find it's the bead sizes that fool me. It doesn't help when I see a photo of something that looks so much bigger than it actually is.  I bought some sterling silver beads a short while ago that are 1mm and I can barely even see them, let alone string them.  I have some 1.5mm black onyx beads that I don't even get near to, because they see me coming and hop out of the way.  I'm really not joking!!  ;D  I really need to invest in a magnifying glass and some tweezers!  ;D

Mel  :) 

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
I have some gold findings that I bought by mistake (read didn't check properly) thinking they were silver plated. I will NEVER use them as I really don't like shiny gold stuff.  Like Mel, I have beads as well that I thought were 1cm but were in fact 1mm. And never buy from E-bay. unless you trust the seller I have some bead caps I bought from there that looked lovely in the picture but in reality were the worst kind of plasticity rubbish you can imagine. Oh. and if you do buy from E-bay make sure that you check the feedback first. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

And never go on the internet after you have had a shandy or two. Its amazing what turns up in the post that you bought whilst under the influence and forgot about!

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:31 PM »

And never go on the internet after you have had a shandy or two. Its amazing what turns up in the post that you bought whilst under the influence and forgot about!

LOL Peter!  I'm guilty of that one too!!  ;D

Jinx

• Another Clayer from Denmark
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
Oh I'll use every single piece of chain - over time though.. But I love this very fine and tiny chain, the smallest is like 1 or 1,5 mm but it's fine wiht me..

Maybe we could ask Emma, if we could have a swop space..

I meen no money, but swoping things we buy wrong or didn't look as expected, maybe someone else could use it..

Jinnie
To many things to try and too little time!
http://www.amio.dk/butik/madebyjia/produkter

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »
I quite like that idea, Jinnie.

Shirley

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
Yes, I agree, very good idea. Or swap for something one person can't buy in their country/area.
Shirley

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »
Sorry - I've no plans to add any new sections to the forum right now. I think it would also be rather confusing regarding our No Commercial Selling policy to allow trading of supplies - it isn't really what the forum is about. So for the time being, whilst we are still finding our feet, I'd like to keep things as they are.

But I do have other ideas for future websites that might cover some of this area, so watch this space as they say!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
I thought that might be the case, but it was worth a shot, Jinnie.

Cara Jane

• Cara Jane's Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »
So easily done! I do a lot of ordering things late a night, really should learn not to!

Look forward to seeing lots of chain based creations

Cara Jane
Cara Jane Hayman - UK Polymer Clay Artist and Tutor
www.carajane.co.uk/  www.facebook.com/CaraJanePolymerClay