EJR Beads

Author Topic: Halogen Oven  (Read 29170 times)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Halogen Oven
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:38 PM »
what is it you dislike about the fimo?

If you are able to put it into words (and I appreciate you might not be able to ) we might be able to either recommend another brand that would suit you better, or maybe find a way to counteract the problems you're having with the Fimo

There are so many different brands of clay now, and everyone has their own favourite. So I am sure there will be one out there that suits you perfectly

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

fluffyfred

« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
That's the thing, I can't quite put my finger on what it is I don't like about it. It's something that bugs me about myself, I get these gut feelings about things but it has to smack me in the face before I know what it is lol.

I think I just need to keep having a play with it, I know I need to have a play by myself as my littlest man isn't keen on sharing my rolling pin.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
I think that's what you need to do - play around with the clay and then try out as many other brands as possible too. That's the best way to find which suits you best.

I, for example, never really liked Premo clay in my heart. Intellectually, I do like it because the colours are amazing, the consistency is a dream, the mica metallics are wonderful and so on.

So on paper it ticks all the boxes. But for me personally, it just doesn't thrill me as much as Fimo or Cernit. I think it is the plasticky feel to it that does it. I think I prefer the chalkier feel of the European clays maybe?

But its all down to personal preference at the end of the day. Thankfully nowadays, getting hold of a variety of brands is usually quite easy for most people.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
Thanks for keeping this thread available. I am currently looking to buy a new small oven, and needed to know if I could cook polyclay in a halogen oven.
This thread not only answers that but it seems to be saying that a halogen oven could be more temperature reliable too.
Yes?
FranOnTheEdge