EJR Beads

Author Topic: Putting it back together!  (Read 11609 times)

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
Re: Putting it back together!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
I think people recommend taking off the plates underneath, the ones that are angled to touch the rollers, they say to take them off and leave them off, this way it's much easier to clean your machine as that is where a lot of the old clay gets clogged, it's also easier to clean the ends of the rollers when these are off too.

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
Nan I have done exactly that & left the outside plates off, I think it will be soooooo much easier to keep clean & now I can get to the scrapers without taking it apart again! Maybe just loosen the bolts to get them back on.  8) I too was wondering why i was getting lines in my clay so cheers for clearing that up lol  :D

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
I don't think you should ytake off the scraper bits that touch the rollers....
DH left off the top cover revealing the rollers etc when he mended my other one. 

But now I just squeeze the blades against the rollers with my left hand while turning handle in reverse and lots of clay is revealed, sticking to the rollers, which i remove with an old cloth.  Prob not too good for them but keeps it lovely and clean!!

Bev

• Bev
    • Tamar Jewellery and Beads
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
Don't take off the bottom plates, the clay may try to keep going round in circles  :o  - the top ones can be removed no problem.

I have no idea what no-name brand mine is, but I find it as quick to pull it apart & clean as I do faffing about with tissues/baby wipes etc.

If it's your 1st time - maybe take step by step pictures as a reminder when it comes to putting it all back together ala Haynes Manuals  ;)

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
Pasta machine was calling out for a clean & after the first time I wasn't looking forward to it, but it well really well this time lol!!  :o It got cleaned & put back together in 5 mins!!  ;D Feel like I know what I'm doing now haha...

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »
Great, I'll send mine over for a service then  :P :P

Glad it all went well! Its never nice when a fave tool is on the operating table!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
Lol not on your life Emma! I wont be going into the clean/repair business anytime soon!  :P

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »
Oh Angie please do!!  Mine could do with a really good clean and I'm not game to take it apart.  I wouldn't even know where to start!  ???

:) Mel

Bev

• Bev
    • Tamar Jewellery and Beads
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »
Give it a go Mel, it's really easy. I now have it down to a fine art - 60 secs max. I reckon I could do one of those blind fold, strip down & reassemble exercises  :D  I find it much quicker than trying to run baby wipes or some such thru' - & obviously, a much better result  :) If anybody's worried about stripping one down, consider taking a pic of each stage & then you can refer to it when it comes time to put it back together  ;)

fluff

• Faith
    • Abyjem Hand Made Jewellery
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »
oh gawd -  I think I'd best do mine really -  I hate cleaning stuff - nearly as much as I hate ironing - no I think I hate it more than ironing!  ::)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
I don't think I have disassembled and cleaned a pasta machine since about 2003. Might have to give it a go again, just for fun

Probably find all sorts lodged in mine. Old clay, glitter, shergar... hey, maybe that's where Carol Smilie ended up? I've always wondered....

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

fluff

• Faith
    • Abyjem Hand Made Jewellery
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »
lol -  that made me cough and laugh "Shergar"  - your pasta machine sounds a bit like my laptop keyboard -  probably about half a pound of biscuits and several skeins of cat hair in there!

and my husband told the builders today that my ironing board was the "original website"  covered in cobwebs!  charming eh!

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:13 PM »
Lol you lot!

For those of you who have never taken one apart & have an imperial one let me know & I can take pics so yours doesn't come apart in a thousand pieces lol!

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
Mine is just a super cheap one.  It's lasted well so far though.  When I do talk myself into taking it apart, you'll all be the first to know! 

Speaking of keyboards, I've just spotted a bottle of anti-bacterial hygiene gel sitting on my computer desk.  I think my 13 year old is trying to tell me something!!

:) Mel

Shirley

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
Lol you lot!

For those of you who have never taken one apart & have an imperial one let me know & I can take pics so yours doesn't come apart in a thousand pieces lol!

I'd really appreciate that Angie - I have been thinking (and worrying!) about cleaning my Imperial for a couple of weeks now. I found a tutorial online for cleaning another make, but it looks a bit different to mine.
Shirley