EJR Beads

Author Topic: Putting it back together!  (Read 11608 times)

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
Putting it back together!
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:55:15 PM »
I decided to take my pasta machine apart to give it a good clean! The first stage went well, the second stage not so good!!!  >:( Once I'd loosened the bolts the whole thing just fell apart & now I have no idea how to put the scrapper blades back in. I've googled, you tubed, there's nothing in the instructions to help either. The pasta machine is made by Imperia & if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful!!  :-[

Shirley

Re: Putting it back together!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »
By coincidence I was going to do mine and was googling for advice this morning. I found this:

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/poleigh/pasta.html

I know this isn't the same make but the pictures and instructions seem very clear and it may help you.
Shirley

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »
Thanks shirley but I think I should have only lossened the bolts so far then checked it. Think that's why it's gone so very wrong.  :( Hubby's gonna have a look at it when he get's home from work......

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
Fingers crossed he'll be able to sort it out.  :-\
Mine managed to take one of mine almost totally apart and back together again, when it had give up the ghost, and perhaps four hands will be better than two :)

That one is still working - it's my standby one now.   Conditioning the original Kato clay killed it at the Ilkeston workshops a couple of years ago...luckily on the last afternoon.  Kato is rather easier now....fine with most of us mere mortals but not so good for those of a masochistic tendency  ::)

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
Lol Carrie!!

Hubby managed after two hours to put it together woohoo....so I've gone from angry women to a very happy one all in the space of a few hours!  :o

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:49 PM »
Well done that man!!  ;D

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
Bet you won't do that in a hurry again! Too much stress.

Carol
Carol

Shirley

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 08:02:01 PM »
Thank goodness!!

men do have their uses  8)
Shirley

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
To right Carol lol....but atleast now I know how it goes back together *Phew* Shirley hubby is now going round saying he is Mr Fix it lol

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
Glad you got it sorted Dookie.  Nice one Mr. Dookie!!  :) Mel

Shirley

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 08:22:56 PM »
I see mine is also Imperia, so I may need to call on your expertise when I try & clean mine!....
Shirley

noani

• Eva
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
I'm on my third pastamachine and I've not been claying more than a year :-[ On my first one of the cogs  on the geerwheel broke so I couldn't use it on the biggest setting , it was a Sculpey but I was a bit hard on it ,beeing all new and knowing nothing, so I don't think that it was the brand beeing bad. The next one was one from Firemountains that I bought second hand and same same.....blaming it on beeing used before ;) Today I have an Atlas and I try to take care of it, not forcing to thick clay in it when conditioning. But it need cleaning now, usually I notice it's time when  rolling the clay on the first setting and it gets  "wavy", like narrow stripes in the clay. My first I couldn't get back together after cleaning and my sister in law helped me, thats when he discovered the broken cog and the second one I put together wrong so the clay got stuck inside and he had to help me again but it never got as it used to be and ,well you know, the cog again ;)

Taking it  apart is easy but you need to be an octopus to get it back together again!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:35:25 PM by noani »

fluff

• Faith
    • Abyjem Hand Made Jewellery
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »
good Mr. Dookie -   ;)

KMD

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:34:28 AM »
I have never tried to take mine apart!!! i know I wouldnt get it back together... I use baby wipes and roll them through to clean the rollers, seems to work ok.

Karen

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
That's interesting Eva, I've been wondering why I have stripes on my clay.  I just figured that was normal though.  They seem to go away when I turn the clay 90 degrees.  I know mine could do with a good clean, but I'm not game to take it apart.  I was thinking of soaking it in a bucket of surgical spirit.  Would like to hear everyones opinion before I try it though???  :) Mel