EJR Beads

Author Topic: Roller Contamination  (Read 6333 times)

cornishclayer

Re: Roller Contamination
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 05:31:44 PM »
I sacrifice a bit of new white clay, make a long thin sausage and then put it through a few times on a very thin setting.  It gathers up the worst bits that are going to come through.   

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »
I've just ordered a pasta machine!!!!! ......& with all the info in this thread surely I can't go wrong?

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 09:21:21 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread Peter, it's been very informative.  I discovered a technique that I DO NOT recommend!  I dropped my pasta machine on my foot a couple of weeks ago (yes, it hurt like hell! :'( ) and one of the blades underneath popped out.  After I'd hopped around the kitchen, calling it all kinds of things, I was able to give it a really good clean and I gathered up some really cool bits of clay stuck together that I'm saving for God only knows what, but they looked too good to add to my scrap clay.  It was a miracle that I got it back together again and that it rolls evenly and probably a bigger miracle that it didn't break my foot.  The bruise was fairly impressive!  I figure that with some of the recent admissions on the burnt clay thread I could divulge this one.  :-[ Mel

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »
I've just ordered a pasta machine!!!!! ......& with all the info in this thread surely I can't go wrong?

Dookie, an important part of the kit, there's no turning back for you now, you are stepping into the "POLYMER CLAY ZONE". ;)

Mel, at least you got more scrap clay. Hope your foot is recovering well.
Carol
Carol

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:23 AM »
Oh my! *stepping into the Polymer Clay zone* is there any way back from this?? Or is it to late?? Oh crap......

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
Oh my! *stepping into the Polymer Clay zone* is there any way back from this?? Or is it to late?? Oh crap......
No sorry thats it, make the most of it cause you are here for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Carol
Carol

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
Oh well I mays well enjoy the ride, I'm so excited about getting the pasta machine but knowing Amazons snail post I wont get it till after the weekend! Which sucks big time as my son n hubby are away this weekend (going to a concert) so i have the house alllllll to myself. *Damn it*