EJR Beads

Author Topic: If you sell....  (Read 2687 times)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
If you sell....
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »
Don't forget - if you sell your work, you are welcome to promote it here.

The No Commercial Advertising rule applies to other retail businesses selling supplies, people selling tutorials etc.

If you are an individual working in clay - maybe making beads or jewellery, cake toppers or cards etc, then you can shout it from the rooftops!

So, If you are Self-Representing Artist just selling your own clay work either at your own site or over at Etsy etc, you can put your links in your signature, have a small banner etc. If you have new listings to promote, you can tell us about them.

Emma

Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

shelleym

• ShelleyM
    • ShelleyM
Re: If you sell....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
What about people like me who make my own stuff, sell on line, but also sell bought in stuff and a few supplies - not many - but it's all in one place. I'm a grey area - that's me - hmmmm, now that's a thought, grey, and silver, and black and white ......

Shelley

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
Technically, as you sell mass-produced jewellery and supplies, that comes under the commercial jewellery-making/craft umbrella, so you cannot promote your retail supplies here.

But since it's you and I know you are not about to start spamming the members,  I don't see why you can't include a simple link to your main website in your signature and share your polymer clay work when you have new stuff for sale.

Afterall, these rules are in place to work for us, not against us.

What I want is for people to use this forum as intented - for posting about polymer clay and for independant makers to promote their polymer clay work. The No Commercial Selling rule is in place to prevent suppliers and retailers signing up and making endless "me too" or "that's nice" types of posts just to get their signature links on view and tout business.

That is the difference. Now, (so people know why I am bending the rules in this case), you and I go way back, have moderated clay forums together before and I know that when you post to the forum, you are going to become a valuable contributing member. You won't be one of those people just doing "post and runs". So, for that reason, even though it is a tad "grey", I still think you fall onto the SRA side of the fence on the whole!

Emma

shelleym

• ShelleyM
    • ShelleyM
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
Thanks Emma. I have changed my profile to add my website etc - hope it's ok.  We do go back a long way and have a bit of 'history' when it comes to notice boards etc. so I know where you are coming from.

Shelley

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
Would you believe, I have already had to fend off a few spamsters  :o

Google should employ spamsters, they can find sites quicker than any of their search engine algorithms can.

How's the family by the way? I hear you moved also? What's the new gaff like?

Emma

shelleym

• ShelleyM
    • ShelleyM
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »
Spammers - aaaah! Hate them. But it's early days, hopefully you'll be able to sort filters or something to get rid of most of them.

Moved, but are still in a rented house. It was either move out or loose our buyer. Unfortunately we can't find anywhere we like (or that we can afford that we like!) Still in Dorset, but in a smaller much nicer village at the moment. I would be quite happy to stay around these parts, but we're looking more or less anwhere in north Dorset and into Somerset that we can find. We're even considering Herefordshire (well Dale is) and Suffolk! Good grief.

Basically I don't know where we will be so I don't know what shows I should book or if I will be in the area ::). Oh well. My clay stuff is unpacked, and I have a room for it (along with about 24 packed which we haven't unpacked and wont til we move again - doesnt take as much room as you think as you would think as they are stacked 4 high!) I'm not allowed to light a candle in the rented house so no silver claying or even soldering - although I have been told I can do it in the garage - which is so full to bursting with guess what - more boxes - oh and some book cases, and a freezer, jewellery display stuff and ...... Oh well.

How you doing? I take it business has really taken off. We never get to natter!
Shelley

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »
Well I hope you find somewhere you like soon - being in limbo is never fun, especially when you are trying to organise your shows for the upcoming season.

I am well thanks - keeping busy with everything. Too busy really, am far too behind these days, but at least never bored!

Emma

Grubbi

• Ditsy Dabbler
    • Grubbi
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »
Spammers should just set up their own forum for themselves and other spammers to join...then they can post until their hearts content without the fear of being banned :p

Nice to know I can add my Folksy link in when my little shop is ready to roll, thanks Emma :)