EJR Beads

Author Topic: cameo  (Read 2635 times)

snowhitequeen

cameo
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:03 PM »
can anybody give me advice on how to make my own cameos out of clay please i have a mould for it but just not sure where to start :/
thanks

Hazel

• Continuum Designs
Re: cameo
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
I know this sounds daft, but can you elaborate on what you're unsure about? :) E.g. do you need ideas for the colour recipe of the cameo part, how to put it all together or something else?

(Sorry, I'm easily confused at night :D)

snowhitequeen

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:40 AM »
lol thats ok i was half sleep when i wrote it ,i wanted to know how to put it all together ie how to get the ivory pattern on the front ive looked on the internet and i cant find any tutorials on it ,it would prob be easier to buy them made but i wanna give it a go lol

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »
I would try using the mould with the least amount of clay possible -to just do the head shape. Then pop that out and put it onto a different colour background clay.

Here is a great method for creating a faux ivory effect, which you might be able to combine into your project. Remember, you can change the colours too, if you need things paler or whatever

http://desiredcreations.com/howTo_CAivoryPendant.htm

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
Hi. 

I know of two books that have cameo projects. Artful Polymer Clay by Gail Ritchey and Polymer Clay Inspirations by Patricia Kimle.  I haven't tried either project yet, but I'm on the lookout for a nice small cat mould so do a cat cameo for my cat mad sister.

Mel