EJR Beads

Author Topic: Talking of Maggie Maggio - Polymer Clay Chain tutorial  (Read 10107 times)

shelleym

• ShelleyM
    • ShelleyM
Re: Talking of Maggie Maggio - Polymer Clay Chain tutorial
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:34 PM »
Thanks Karen - but that's the back of it!! Front is better I promise!!
Shelley

Silverleaf Shiny Stuff

• Anna Roberts
    • Silverleaf Shiny Stuff
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »
Anna - I must admit i was thinking of mixing in some clay 'grout' of some description. Seeing as the design already has lots of black lines all over the place, little lines wouldn't be that noticeable. I think I even have some black tlc somewhere that I've never used! I've tried re-baking and squeezing them and also the ice bath - didn't make a blind bit of difference. If I do anything with them it'll have to be backfilling or grouting or something similar to disguise them. I've got a lot of other things to do, so that's not going to be priority at the mo. Just lesson learned - check what I put in my mixes and watch the temperature.
Shelley

I guess the squeezing thing doesn't work in all cases then. When I did it I found I had to squeeze really hard for a long time while it cooled down properly, otherwise it just sprung apart again.

I reckon black TLS would look great, or backfilling. And I think it looks awesome anyway!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
For some hairline cracks I can get away with using some Fimo gel - but when I got ones in beads similar to your photo Shelley, I tried every trick in the book and they still weren't fixed to my satisfaction. That's why the idea of turning it into some feature appeals to me - and the pattern of the watercolour technique certainly lends itself to your grouting idea too.

You could even put a raised patch of new clay sheet over it in a contrasting colour etc. That might be cool.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies