EJR Beads

Author Topic: A pretty little nonsense  (Read 345 times)

Beadbug

A pretty little nonsense
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:05:53 PM »
This is one of those 'ooh I like that' accidents that happen from time to time and often lead down a whole new meandering path. I made a block of clay courtesy of Donna Kato, her sguiggly bead method. So I had this block and no idea what I was going to do with it, so I took one of my silicon molds, a bow, a slice of the softish clay and pressed it well into the mold. The bow came out fine but the best bit was the excess clay I sliced off, the way the blend and fine lines worked out would be hard to reproduce deliberately and some lovely beads ensued. Must try this with other molds to see what difference it makes.

MilleD

Re: A pretty little nonsense
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 08:04:47 AM »
You know we still need pictures right? :)

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 05:14:23 PM »
Absolutely!

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »
I know, sorry, I've tried Flickr but managed to screw that up somehow as I did with Pintrest. Don't ask me how I do it but I never have any luck with these things. The photos I have managed to upload were such a pain to do and were disappointingly small I shy away from the whole process. Still I had some good news today. I got called back to hospital after a routine breast screening, you can imagine what was going through my mind? The upshot was the thing I was called back for was a small cyst which the doc drained there and then. Another X-ray showed he had got it all so it was, 'goodbye' and 'see you in three years'. I celebrated with a huge cream cake!

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:30:16 PM »
Phew! Glad all is well  :-*
 I had to go back for another, once, at the hospital.....I think one of the x-rays they'd taken before hadn't come out properly.  All that worry for nothing!

Beadbug

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 11:56:00 PM »
Yeah, they tell you not to worry but you do anyway. Now all I have to worry about is my next visit to the dentist which I know is going to be trying to say the least. I told the dentist I wanted dentures but she said I wouldn't be able to chew properly with them to which I replied I can't eat with my teeth now so what's the difference?