EJR Beads

Author Topic: Beads and Jewellery Showcase -July 2017  (Read 203 times)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Beads and Jewellery Showcase -July 2017
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »
Hi all....

So what wearables have you been making lately? To my shame I haven't touched polyclay for a while, but doesn't mean I don't want to look at yours!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

MilleD

Re: Beads and Jewellery Showcase -July 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:41:54 AM »
Hi All,

Finally managed to actually make something.  Been having problems with my neck, then fell off my bike and have a suspected ruptured bicep tendon so not done much recently.  But really wanted to try out the napkin transfer technique so made a cuff bangle.    Hope you like.

_MG_0238.jpg by Claire Oswald, on Flickr

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »
Ooh - I really like that, Claire! 
I've done several transfers successfully but neither of my two bangle attempts worked....obviously operator error  :o

I've been ill...had a really nasty bout of food poisoning (campylobacter) while we were away - can't pinpoint where from.  Going to take ages to get my strength back and I'm being plagued with migraines which seem to come on when I'm under the weather.  Are you strapped up?  Sounds nasty...poor you  >:(

MilleD

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:35:34 AM »
Sorry to hear that Carrie.  Hope you feel better soon x

No, not strapped up.  But it's quite painful, particularly as I lie on my side a lot at night.

Waiting for a call in for a scan to find out what's what.

Beadbug

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:32 PM »
Love the bangle. My own attempts at transfer haven't been too bad but I want to get some nicer napkins as the ones I have produce spotty images. My neighbour fell over three months ago and shattered her upper arm. The operation was only supposed to take an hour but it took three, her x-Ray looks like a prop from the Six Million Dollar Man tv show. She was having trouble sleeping but eventually bought herself a full length pillow meaning she could lie over it or against it, she said it was a godsend. Might be worth a try?

MilleD

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 03:10:10 PM »
Love the bangle. My own attempts at transfer haven't been too bad but I want to get some nicer napkins as the ones I have produce spotty images. My neighbour fell over three months ago and shattered her upper arm. The operation was only supposed to take an hour but it took three, her x-Ray looks like a prop from the Six Million Dollar Man tv show. She was having trouble sleeping but eventually bought herself a full length pillow meaning she could lie over it or against it, she said it was a godsend. Might be worth a try?

That might be a good idea, I'm currently sort of rolling the duvet into a sausage, but that won't work if the weather gets a bit cooler.

You have to make sure you buy napkins that only have the spotty bits around the border, then use just the inner piece.  The spotty bits I think are where the different plys are crimped together.

Beadbug

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »
Hope you're feeling better Carrie! It's usually the seafood! Thanks for that Claire, I have avoided the crimped edge, what I meant, but didn't explain properly, was that the printing dots we're too obvious and spoiling the transfer. I did think about using markers to boost the colour and hide the dots but the ones I have fade over time so they're no good- I'm back to hunting out decent napkins.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »
Nooo - I'm vegetarian.....something got contaminated >:(