EJR Beads

Author Topic: Bad week  (Read 132 times)

Beadbug

Bad week
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:29:02 PM »
In the early hours of Saturday last week my Mum had what turned out to be a minor heart attack, though we didn't know this at the time. This was confirmed at the local hospital where she was stabilised before being sent to Glasgow for further investigation. Thankfully after an angiogram it was decided that a stent was not necessary and earlier today was returned to the local hospital for going home tomorrow. My Dad was upset to say the least, they've been married for sixty years and rarely been apart so this separation was very worrying for him and worrying for us as his health is not good-he had a triple bypass himself eight years ago. So tomorrow, touch wood, she'll be home. I'm going up there to look after them both until mums doctor is happy with her as she's been told to take it easy. Not easy for my Mum she's a person wh can't sit still so I'll be ordering her to sit and put her embroidery in front of her as that's the only exercise she's going to get while I'm in charge!

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Bad week
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:49:59 AM »
Poor all of you of course and your mother who is ill, but it's even worse, if anything, for your poor father.....my parents were the same, had rarely been parted. They are lucky to have you - good luck in keeping your mum from 'doing stuff'.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »
Oh no!
I've only just seen this - sorry for the delay in wishing you and your mum and dad well.

How are things now?

Emma x
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »
Thanks, it's okay, I've just been reading about the trouble you're having with fakers, they really are sad to pick on sites like yours but then they probably think you're an easy target, I hope they give up soon.
We'll be going up this week to my parents, they asked us to give them some time to let my mum settle in at home and restore some sense of normality. My dad has been stellar but I know this time will have taken its toll on him so I know I'm still needed at least for a little while. Mum seems chirpy enough but this has disturbed her, she has never had any serious health issues in 84 years so this was a shock, but she's so glad to be home. Thanks again to you and Carrie for your concern.xx

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
If you get to your eighties without serious health issues it certainly must be a shock to have this happen.  When you get there they will both be so relieved - your father especially - as you'll be able to take some of the burden of worrying from them, if that makes sense.