EJR Beads

Author Topic: Clip on earring findings  (Read 1709 times)

Sylvia

Clip on earring findings
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
Does anyone have a favourite sort, that they know to be comfortable?  I bought some AGES ago, but now that I finally have a commission for a pair of clip-ons, I know they are not good enough.  I really want all her friends to say WOW those are cool where can I get some!
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Clip on earring findings
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 08:10:45 PM »
Sorry to say, Sylvia, but I've never found any that are comfortable.  Don't know if you can get discrete pads for the backs...I have an image in my mind now I've thought of that of small sticky pads that my mother used. 
The screw-ons are even worse than clip-ons...I've tried them but end up tightening so much it ends up feeling as if I'm drilling a hole in my ear.  At least with the clips you can bend them about a bit to get a compromise between comfort and staying power....

I'd love to know if anyone has found any good ones...I don't think earrings suit me but that might ve vecause I so rarely wear them I look wrong!  Couldn't bear to pierce them.

Beadbug

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 08:16:07 PM »
I know there used to be ones that were magnetic but I don't know if they still make them.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 10:32:51 PM »
I've got tiny rare earth magnets and you've reminded me that I did think about using them for earrings...I tried them either side of my earlobe but didn't do anything about it....I might try to make some.  Not at home atm so will very likely forget (especially after grandparenting next week!)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
I had some of the magnet earrings once - they were fine for about an hour or so, and then both me and my friend (we both bought a pair at the same time) were suddenly in agony from them. It literally was like someone just flicked a switch and suddenly both our ears started hurting intensely. We never bothered with them again!

The old fashioned clip-ons that you can adjust a little, like Carrie mentioned are the best I think. My mum only ever wears these and has some earrings I made her years ago that she wears everyday and loves them.

I think though people used to wearing clips ons know and expect that type of finding and know what to expect and how to tweak them for comfort. Those who don't - well I think they would have a learning curve with any clips ons really as I don't think any of them feel entirely natural from the get-go. Its like flip-flops..

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies