EJR Beads

Author Topic: Second craft fair  (Read 186 times)

Beadbug

Second craft fair
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »
My second ever craft fair is next Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. I've made some A boards to display my nicer pieces and got some pretty little dishes to put my bracelets and key rings in. I'm also doing demos of cane work as I think people will find that interesting and help them understand how much work goes into what I do. My friend is also doing this fair so hopefully we can have adjoining stalls, she does calligraphy and has been doing it for 25 years. Her work is beautiful and waterproof so it survives wedding and parties! I'll try to put up better photos this time.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Second craft fair
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 05:49:41 PM »
Oh yes - demos - definitely a good thing  :)  Good luck with it!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
Oh demo-ing canework is always popular!

Is the fair this coming sat or has it happened already?

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 11:17:29 PM »
The second craft fair was a complete washout. They wondered in then wondered out again. I kept on hearing the theme tune to the magic roundabout! The only person to make any money that day was a girl converting stuff into other stuff, quite nice stuff I have to say. Sorry there are no photos, my digital camera decided to fall out with the card coming up with the message 'error reading card '. I have photos of my newest pieces but I've not reduced the size yet. All in all I think I'm going to try and find some other way of selling my work. I'm not interested in making profit, I just want enough back to continue with my hobby. I've already decided that I'm no longer going to make long strings of beads, if something doesn't work it's going to be scrap, a base for the more interesting canes I have planned. Deciding this has thrown me back into my design catalogue. I've got so many I need to get down to actually doing them to see if they work and changing them if they don't. This decision has removed any pressure, even if it was only my perception, to produce, I'm now only going to 'make' finished pieces after much experimentation. Some of you will get this as you know my predilection for experiments. By the way, a well known jewellery magazine has advocated the use of a certain make of marker pen for use on our clay, I say if you know what I'm talking about pm me and I'll tell you why it's wrong. Oh yeah, this same magazine also advocated making a lovely pair of earrings for your ears, well where else would you wear them?