EJR Beads

Author Topic: Staying young  (Read 158 times)

Beadbug

Staying young
« on: April 16, 2017, 12:04:18 AM »
I saw a programme on the box that said one of the ways of staying young was to keep the grey matter involved, learn new things, new skills. I'm a great believer in never stopping to learn something new. As I grow older I see people younger than I and they have surrendered to the ageing process, they're not interested in new things, they live in the past. Well the past is the past that's where it should stay. So I remain inquisitive, really I want to live forever but that is not possible so I want to pack in as much as I can while I'm still compus mentis. My latest obsession is my ukulele, I love the thing as much as it drives me potty and causes me pain. But I know I'm getting better so I'm not as irritated as I was when I started, practice makes perfect as they say though I am a long way from that state! So I say challenge yourself, take up a new hobby, as busy as you may be, do it! Well that's my rant over with, I need another glass of vino collapso, night night.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Staying young
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:01:01 AM »
What a great post!

I so agree - learning new things keeps us alert and moving forward, whatever our ages

How cool that you are learning the Ukelele!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies