EJR Beads

Author Topic: FIMO Metallic Gold is gorgeous 😍  (Read 1636 times)

pamelahoward

• PandaMinis
FIMO Metallic Gold is gorgeous 😍
« on: March 25, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
I decided I wanted to spend my New Zealand $2 coin instead of keep it for scale reference in photos. But I still wanted to use it. So I a made a mold and bought a pack of metallic gold purely to make a faux coin. I'm halfway through sanding it then I'll give it a thin gloss glaze, but it's absolutely gorgeous already.

Note: The camera doesn't do it nearly enough justice.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: FIMO Metallic Gold is gorgeous 😍
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »
Good idea!  The mica clays are gorgeous  8)  You'll be able to put your real coin towards some more!

pamelahoward

• PandaMinis
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 05:00:37 AM »
You'll be able to put your real coin towards some more!

I was planning on lollies to be honest  ;D

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 10:02:28 PM »
Yes it is gorgeous. I got some Cernit shiny, the colours seem weird but the effects are wonderful because it shifts brilliantly.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 10:07:42 AM »
mica clays are such fun. I am a bit mica-challenged, but in the hands of others, they are magnificent as this cool coin shows! Nice job Pamela!

And yes, the Cernit shiny colours are odd aren't they .But I love them - just don't judge them on their pre-baked colour, they look very different out of the oven. I thought at the time when they came out, the darker colours in the range were pretty brave move on Cernit's part. Over the years I have seen all the clay manufactures shy away in terror at darker, more "mature" colours in favour of light and bright "fashion" shades. So I thought it was really nice that Cernit had this range of deeper, brooding mica colours

Emma

Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies