EJR Beads

Author Topic: Reorganisation 2  (Read 179 times)

Beadbug

Reorganisation 2
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
So, after the fair I realised that once I had restocked and started to 'make' again I needed to have it so that my entire setup was done so that all I needed to do was pack it in the car and go. To that end I've moved some of the contents of the little bedroom (which I was using as a studio) to the cleared out greenhouse. I've decided that I'm no longer growing tomatoes as I always end up with what seems like a ton of spent compost at the end of the year and honestly I find it physically painful to shift it all these days. Sad but I still have my apple tree, herbs, blackberries and rhubarb. Anyway my fair stuff is all sorted now so I can concentrate on trying out some ideas I've had, and yes I'm going into mad scientist mode again, I'll let you know what happens.

jackster

Re: Reorganisation 2
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Sounds exciting Beadbug!!!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »
Sounds fantastic!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
I can almost see your head whirling with ideas  ;D

Beadbug

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:11:03 AM »
I think in one of my posts I said I had done some experimentation combining baked clay and resin, these pieces are still perfect. When I checked on them the other day it got me thinking that thinly rolled and baked clay might make excellent embedments for resin, so I baked some really thin sheets coated with holographic glitter, cut them into shapes with some little cutters ( flowers, cat, heart etc.), and embedded then in the resin. They look good but I generally like to leave these things for a while just to make sure they don't react to each other.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »
That sounds a very cool experiment!

I hope you will share photos once you are happy it is stable!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »
Will do, I've bagged and dated them and stuck them in my experiment drawer. The experiments I did last May where I baked some clay with depressions which I filled with resin are still perfect, so it's time to dig out the designs I did for this combination and hopefully this time I won't fiddle around with them!