EJR Beads

Author Topic: Reorganisation 2  (Read 718 times)

Beadbug

Reorganisation 2
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
So, after the fair I realised that once I had restocked and started to 'make' again I needed to have it so that my entire setup was done so that all I needed to do was pack it in the car and go. To that end I've moved some of the contents of the little bedroom (which I was using as a studio) to the cleared out greenhouse. I've decided that I'm no longer growing tomatoes as I always end up with what seems like a ton of spent compost at the end of the year and honestly I find it physically painful to shift it all these days. Sad but I still have my apple tree, herbs, blackberries and rhubarb. Anyway my fair stuff is all sorted now so I can concentrate on trying out some ideas I've had, and yes I'm going into mad scientist mode again, I'll let you know what happens.

jackster

Re: Reorganisation 2
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Sounds exciting Beadbug!!!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »
Sounds fantastic!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
I can almost see your head whirling with ideas  ;D

Beadbug

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:11:03 AM »
I think in one of my posts I said I had done some experimentation combining baked clay and resin, these pieces are still perfect. When I checked on them the other day it got me thinking that thinly rolled and baked clay might make excellent embedments for resin, so I baked some really thin sheets coated with holographic glitter, cut them into shapes with some little cutters ( flowers, cat, heart etc.), and embedded then in the resin. They look good but I generally like to leave these things for a while just to make sure they don't react to each other.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:23 PM »
That sounds a very cool experiment!

I hope you will share photos once you are happy it is stable!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »
Will do, I've bagged and dated them and stuck them in my experiment drawer. The experiments I did last May where I baked some clay with depressions which I filled with resin are still perfect, so it's time to dig out the designs I did for this combination and hopefully this time I won't fiddle around with them!

pamelahoward

• PandaMinis
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »
RE making things in a greenhouse.
Do you find it tough dealing against outside factors such as bugs, insects, pollen, dirt, temperature, or anything else that may pose a threat to your materials?

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
I wondered about that too....especially the heat.

Beadbug

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »
Now I'm not growing in there anymore it's more storage than workspace. The only thing I plan to actually do in the 'house is mix my smellier resin, my actual workspace is my kitchen table for now but once I've moved everything that is able to be stored outside I'm moving into the third bedroom. It's going to be cramped but better I think. As far as the ghouse getting hot the door and window stay open and I plan to white out the panes facing east and south, that should do it.

Beadbug

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 11:16:05 PM »
I vaguely remember a while ago I said I was going to try thin clay over the talc and pva 'stones' I'd made. Well I finally got round to it and baked a fairly large piece yesterday. The fake stone survived and the clay did not bubble which was something I thought might happen. I did not coat the stone with liquid clay but thinking about it that may mean you're less likely to get air bubbles. I'm going to bake this piece again with the addition of more clay formed so that I can add little pools of resin and some of Emma's amazing holographic glitter.