EJR Beads

Author Topic: Photo of my stall  (Read 2408 times)

Beadbug

Photo of my stall
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:04:34 PM »
Well, for what it's worth here's a photo of my stall, sorry it's not better but people were coming in.

Beadbug

Re: Photo of my stall
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:11:21 PM »
Sorry this photo is worse than I thought. I've no idea how to make it so that the image is a good size and doesn't go over the forum limit.

jackster

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:29:15 PM »
looks very nice bead bug, if a bit cluttered on the right hand side.

Hope you did well  :D

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »
Yes, some parts of my stall were a bit cluttered, it took me a while to reorganise it so it looked better. I had spent some time on designing some nice packaging for my pendants only to discover that people didn't 'get' it, they couldn't tell what they were looking at. Anyway that won't be a problem at the next fair as I've unpackaged a number of the pendants which I will be pinning to the new display boards I'm currently making. Something else which seemed to make a difference was moving pieces around, and some things, which I bought as a job lot (just because there was tools included that I wanted) did not do anything, they are going to the charity shop. I'm looking forward to the next one there'll be some newly designed pieces made with the delicious holographic glitters I got from Emma and new combinations of clay and resin. The fair was a great learning experience but I know that learning curve isn't finished yet.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
I think every fair is a learning curve

Some things are universal and you learn they hold true for each show. So things like how you display, lighting, how you package etc only time and experience really can teach what works best

But other things are totally unique show to show - so for those things you'll never quite get an angle on it. Things like a certain design might sell brilliantly at one show, so you make loads more, but no-one goes near them for the next show and they all want something else instead.

I think that is what makes selling at shows fun though - it is always a bit of a lottery

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:43 PM »
I'm thinking that I might take some clay with me to do some little demo's so that people can see they are handmade and give them an idea of how much work goes into a cane. I've also made some 'A'
boards to pin some of my work to (I had a huge box that my new combi oven came in so I used that). I agree that the stall looked crowded in some areas but mark 2 craft fair will be better, experience will streamline the look eventually!

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
Oh - demo-ing certainly works!
When I used to pot I also had a spell making  mice and toadstool ornaments and they sold really well - people were amazed that each ear, tail and flower etc etc was individually handmade - many folk assumed that I had bought in components and assembled them  :o

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:51:58 PM »
Oh demoing is excellent

Especially any canework techniques - people LOVE seeing that - especially when you reduce a cane and show them the same pattern in smaller.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies