EJR Beads

Author Topic: Results of my first craft fair  (Read 654 times)

Beadbug

Results of my first craft fair
« on: March 05, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »
Firstly, I enjoyed it. I ended up next to a charming lady called Lia who was selling her homemade cakes(absolute torture!), we were both new to this venue so we got on really well and inevitably I had one of her delicious blueberry scones with my afternoon tea. Although I'm not addicted to my mobile phone, not being continually on it was good advice as those that were appeared to have more walk past than anyone else. I couldn't get access to electricity but my backup was some battery operated fairy lights which were OK. I learned a lot, especially about display, people liked to touch my pieces,peer at them plus it gave me the opportunity to talk to them and explain the cane making process and the sliding knot used on the cord for pendants. I got a good idea from some little kids that came to have a look at some key fobs I had made, another lesson, listen to the people. I have got a photo of my stall but right now my laptop is sulking so although I've managed to reduce the size for posting it just refuses to do it, sorry. Will post it when laptop accepts my apology for ignoring it for so long. So, now I'm looking forward to the next one which is the first Saturday in May. One last thing, if you're on Facebook post a pic of your work just before you do a fair, my biggest sale came from a lady who had seen my pic on Facebook.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Results of my first craft fair
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Great that you enjoyed it  .......I can well imagine the willpower needed being next to a cake stall  ;D 

Well done!

jackster

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »
Excellent Beadbug!!!

Exciting prospect for May eh? Will keep you busy making new things to sell  :D

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 08:57:22 PM »
It is great that you had a good time - and by the sounds of it make sales AND new friends. Awesome!

I used to have a sign on my table saying "please touch" - always broke the ice with customers.

I remember asking a good friend of my who was an excellent salesman what his top tip for getting a sale was and he told me "get them to hold it" In his view, if you could get a customer to hold a product, you were 80 percent home on closing a sale - and he sold anything and everything

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
Yes, exactly Emma, I was asked several times if they could take the pendants out of the package.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
As long as you have eyes in the back of your head, I think it is great to let people handle the items. Afterall, they need to know what they are buying.

You do need to watch out for the odd rogue element though. 

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
Hmmmm, will have to practice rugby tackle perhaps!