EJR Beads

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 417 times)

nannyL

Hello everyone
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:35:15 PM »
 Hi everyone  :)

I'm new to the forum and very new to polymer clay. I opened my first packet of clay around 2 weeks ago. I've been having fun experimenting, starting off with a couple of 'basic' sculptures and then threw myself into a couple of challenging pieces. I'll post my progress in photos very shortly.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot more and undoubtedly asking some dumb newbie questions. I lurked on here a bit before my application was approved so was able to pick up some hints and tips already - thank you! I have a lot to learn but the main thing is I'm enjoying being creative and getting feedback on my offerings as it will help me to improve and expand my skills. :)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:02:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

And welcome to the fun adventure that is polymer clay!

Don't worry about asking "dumb" questions. Firstly, there are no really dumb questions anyway, if you don't know something you just don't know it, that is all.

Secondly, we're really not the type of forum here that jumps on people for asking stuff that has been discussed before or stuff you can easily google. Yes there IS sometimes an advantage to searching the forum before you ask a question - only because if it has been discussed before already, you might find all the answers you are seeking there and then and not have to wait to crack on with your project. You can do that by using the search box at the top right of the screen.

But sometimes the answer isn't easily found, or maybe too many answers and it is all confusing - so always feel free to start a new thread if you need to

Likewise, don't be afraid to post your makes - even if you are a bit shy. As I always point out, NONE OF US are experts in all areas of claywork, so we all have some parts of this craft that we are still "newbies" at. So we can all relate to doing something new as often we'll be trying out new stuff ourselves and being quite "experimental" with it!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

jackster

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Hi Nanny l welcome to the forum, im a noob myself so we can learn together  :)