EJR Beads

Author Topic: Reorganisation  (Read 2368 times)

Beadbug

Reorganisation
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:51:52 AM »
So, I've spent most of today reorganising my clay and accessories having bought a new three drawer wheeled storage cart. This now holds all my clay, glitter and the delicious faux dichro I recently acquired. We are still not quite caught up with what day it is after our emergency trip to Scotland but I'm feeling tentatively positive about what we achieved while we were there, hubbys Dad, we hope, has realised he does need some help which is itself a breakthrough. Anyway I'm still trying to make sure I have enough stock for the upcoming craft fair but I can't find any paper bags I like, I would like something I would like, not just a bog standard bag. Does anyone know where I can get such an animal?

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Reorganisation
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
To answer your question first - if you are looking for nice versions of paper bags - rather like what your EJR Beads orders are often wrapped in, you need to google for "random print" paper bags

But a word of warning - its very hard to find nice ones anymore. These paper bags come in bundles of 1000s usually and are made from paper that is a waste product from the fabric printing industry. It used to be that you could buy a bundle and have lots of really pretty patterns in them. Now it seems, you buy a bundle and the outside ones are all nice, the inside ones are just ugly, plain or misprints

Slightly more upmarket are those little paper gift bags with the rope handles - you can find those in most jewellery packaging supply places but they tend to be pricier

Other ideas for nice craft fair packaging - simple brown paper bags can look really nice if you stamp overr them with a pretty design. Or just print up some colour labels with a logo etc and use that to seal them

As for your FIL - so glad things are progressing the way they need to. The hardest part is getting the person to accept the concept of help. From my experience, once the help actually arrives, they can't get enough of having someone on hand to do their bidding and to talk to and basically have a laugh with and they love the carers coming in.

We found this period really hard with my MIL the other year - that transitional period of acknowledging we couldn't do it ourselves anymore and we needed help - that SHE deserved professional help rather than us,  a couple of amateurs too. We struggled with a lot of guilt, despite everything. BUt all that faded away once the help started to come and it was so easy to see that actually we should have done it much much sooner.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:30:25 PM »
Thanks for that Emma. I did manage to find a local supplier but what they sell is not particularly nice, they look a bit cheap and nasty. The plain brown paper bag decorated with pretty stamps is my back up plan as I inherited some lovely stamps from my mum (she hasn't passed on, just gave up card making!). Things are moving very slowly with FIL, and we've realised that he's not being truthful about what he's been up to. But we have been on to all the relevant people and finally FIL realises that if he doesn't get the help in he may have to go into residential care. The next few days will show whether we've got through to him. It's so difficult being so far away.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »
It is so difficult dealing with carers and getting the right help for people, but it is made all the harder if the person you are trying to help is being unco-operative. I think most people are inclined that way though - no-one wants to give up what they think is their independance, even if it is a bit of a fallacy and they don't realise how much their care needs have changed.

All you can do is keep on doing the best you can and know that you are doing everything for the right motives

Good luck with it all

x Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:49:26 PM »
We should find out on Monday if he's made contact with the care people (who have been trying to get hold of him since we came home) so that they can access his needs, and the incontinence nurse has brought forward his appointment as he needs more support in that direction. Ideally he, and his lady friend will decide to live together as they are so good for each other, but I think FIL will want to keep his house even though it is not a family home in that he never had a family life there, but this is part of his independent streak. In the end we will probably need to go up north again, but we will, we just want to see him happy.