EJR Beads

Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 2173 times)

jackster

Hi Everyone
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:15:19 PM »
Hi my name is Kevin. I am a total newbie to Polymer clay, really excited by the prospect of working with this medium. My main interest will be in sculpting figures I think, although some of the jewellery I have seen is absolutely stunning.
I am awaiting my first delivery of Sculpey as I think this will suit my needs the best. I have gathered a basic tool set, looking for a pasta machine at the moment.
Really looking forward to enjoying my time here and to swap ideas and get inspiration from the more experienced users here :)
Cheers

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
Hello - welcome to the forum  :)

There are several sculptors here to keep you company!  Don't be shy to show us what you make   8)

Beadbug

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
Hi Kevin, Carrie is right there are many sculptors on this forum that'll be able to give you excellent advice, hints and tips. One piece of equipment you will need is a pencil and pad that's portable just for those ideas that happen when you least expect it!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum Kevin!

As you will have noticed, many of us here are bead/jewellery focussed - but we have some incredibly talented sculptors too here so I am sure you will feel quite at home.

As for finding pasta machines - ask friends and family first - so many have pasta machines tucked away that they don't ever use and will happy to be rid of! Car boots, charity shops too are all good places to find them

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

MilleD

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »
Welcome Kevin :)