EJR Beads

Author Topic: Hello, I am new here  (Read 599 times)

EvaZimm

Hello, I am new here
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »
Hi,
my name is Eva. I am German, but living in Oxfordshire.
Although I am retired, I seem to have too little time for all the things I want to do. Seems to be normal, at least that is what other retired people tell you. 
I used Fimo in my youth (a long time ago), but only for a few projects. Some years ago I started to work with PMC, which I liked a lot, but silver is so expensive. So I thought polymer clay was a good alternative. I went on a course last summer and have now started to discover the different possibilities on my own at home. I use mainly Premo!Sculpey, but also Fimo and Sculpey Soufflé. I am not sure yet what I prefer. 
I hope to get new ideas in this forum and I am looking forward to meeting other polymer clay fans!
Eva

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Hello, I am new here
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum Eva!

Polymer clay is definitely more economical than metal clays! But also I think more fun too in many ways. There is just so much you can do with polymer clay and the whole rainbow of colours adds to the appeal also I think

I am sure you will feel quite at home here - enjoy browsing the forum and do feel free to post some of your work too and let us see what you are up to!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:40:47 PM »
Hello Eva - welcome to the forum  :)

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »
Hi Eva, the more the merrier,as they say. Everyone on this forum are friendly and knowledgeable. I found looking back into previous posts really useful.

EvaZimm

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »
Thanks for the nice welcomes! I have started reading some old posts and have already found some very useful ideas.
Eva

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:19:49 AM »
Hi Eva

Glad to hear you are finding the old posts useful.

Also, don't be afraid to resurrect any old threads if you have a question or addition relevant to that subject. I know a lot of forums look down on that, but to be honest I don't know why.

Here I think of the threads as being an archive of info for everyone - just as you have found. So if there is more to write, to ask or discuss on that subject there is nothing wrong with bringing it back to life!

Of course, for any fresh questions or ideas, equally do feel free to start new threads too!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies