EJR Beads

Author Topic: Hello, all.  (Read 2241 times)

bluejayclay

Hello, all.
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:44:29 PM »
My name is Anna, and I'm so glad to join this group. I've been working with polymer clay for a few years, and am trying to start a business for when I retire. For now it's more of s hobby, although I do sell at local craft fairs and on Etsy.

I could use a LOT of help with the business side of things (I'm in the US), but am also looking forward to meeting and learning from other artists.

Thanks for welcoming me into your fold.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Hello, all.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »
Hello, Anna - welcome to the forum  :)

It's a bit quiet here just before Christmas with all of us rushing round like mad things, trying to be ready for 'the day'!

Looking forward to seeing some of your creations!

Have a great holiday.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:13:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum Anna!

I am sure you'll be able to get lots of support here for your business - many of us are sellers in one way or another. There are some useful tutorials on my website www.ejrbeads.co.uk that cover the business side of things too.

Look forward to seeing your work - if you are only selling your own handmade creations and not supplies, you can also add your etsy store link here in your signature don't forget

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »
Hi Anna, nice to hear from you and I'm sure you'll get lots of help from the folks on this forum. I'm pretty much in a similar position regarding starting to sell work. I made the mistake of thinking I could just book a spot at a fair but it wasn't that simple. I was told they limit the number of jewellery makers as there was many crafters in this area. It didn't make a lot of sense to me as I'm pretty certain no one near me works in clay, but hey ho I'm booked into two now for next year. Might be different in the US, hope so.

MilleD

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 03:14:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)