EJR Beads

Author Topic: Free postage  (Read 2314 times)

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Free postage
« on: December 16, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
I dunno, l'm a sucker for free postage every time  ;D

I only wanted paintbrushes for a couple of grandchildren but had to buy more stuff....oh well....a chance to try the Cernit Shiney!

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Free postage
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 01:34:52 PM »
Goodness me....that was quick, Emma!  Thanks!  And so well-wrapped, as usual.

Just a heads up, folks - you'd better make sure you have enough sellotape because l think there's going to be a shortage  ;D

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
Lol -

Yes, I am rather over the top with my taping aren't I! It has been said before  ;D Guilty as charged on that one! You should see my overseas parcels  :o

But.... when you think I have sent literally 10s of thousands of parcels out over the years and I have only once had a package arrive with the customer damaged. Not bad odds - and even then, it looked like the package had got caught in some heavy machinery judging by the carnage,  rather than my beautiful taping failing in anyway  :P :P :P

I remember years ago buying from a supplier and the small items I had ordered were just thrown loose into a cheap jiffy bag and it annoyed me so much as the jiffy had a hole and only by chance had all the contents remained.

So when I am packing stuff up, I am always very mindful that these are YOUR goodies - not mine. You paid for them and you want them to arrive safely as much as I do.

Also, it has to be said - much tape is a great antidote to wiggly, inquisive fingers of certain less honourable delivery staff when packages are en-route. I am sure this is why I have next to zero "lost in post" situations with my parcels!

So, how are you enjoying the Cernit Shiny? it is just a touch squishy don't you think! lol. Once it is leached a bit, it is lovely though. I think the darker colours are just amazing. In a world where we have seen the clay companies making their products more and more aimed at children year and year, I think it was pretty brave of Cernit to bring out those darker colours. They look like poo before being baked so hardly tempting to people who are just judging the colour by the packet. But in the right hands, they are fantastic. I've done little more than played around with a few test tiles on them, but I am sure anyone who is a master at mica shift will create some fantastic things with them

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:20 PM »
Your packaging is second to none  :) 

I'll be interested to see how the Shiny looks and behaves - sometime after Xmas!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
WHy thank you!

As for the Cernit - it behaves squishy, it looks lovely

Emma :D
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies