EJR Beads

Author Topic: Xmas and New Year resolutions  (Read 1748 times)

Beadbug

Xmas and New Year resolutions
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »
So it's that time of year again, and I have to dismantle my workspace (my kitchen table) in readiness for the coming 'rellies'. Everything is going into my now denuded greenhouse in a variety of wheeled drawer sets and cardboard boxes. It's got me thinking about what I want, about how I want to work in the New Year and this is the closest I'll get to a resolution, I want to produce work of better quality. I think I'm going to have a lot of scrap on my hands! I'm going to experiment more and sit and design more before I ever put hand to clay, but still remain open to sudden ah ha moments. Well that's the plan. So, over the Xmas period all I'll have close by is my little A5 pad and couple of pencils just in case I get a minute to 'play' with some ideas.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Xmas and New Year resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »
Normally I don't make resolutions - always with the notion that if a change is needed or an idea has to be worked on, why wait until some magical date, what is wrong with today?

Normally I say!

Because this year I am so busy catching up with myself, I have a whole LIST of things I have planned for the New Year. I am sure half of it is just trying to use this time between now and then to psyche myself up and find the energy for it all!

One thing I want to do is work on making more finished jewellery (I say this every year!). I also desperately need to update my website and restart blogging.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Beadbug

Re: Xmas and New Year resolutions
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
Yes, that's what I forgot, produce more finished pieces!