EJR Beads

Author Topic: Journal Making - need FLAT glue  (Read 2124 times)

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
Re: Journal Making - need FLAT glue
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 04:32:13 PM »
I Googled "best Spray Adhesives" and found 3M super 77 to bee a good option for you.

Take a look at than one.

Spray adhesives are not within our expertise i guess but take a look at that one.
Thanks so much Karolina S. I don't know why I'm so terrible at searching, I did "spray adhesives" but never thought of adding "best" to that. it's just so confusing.
I'll take a look at that 3M one, thanks.
FranOnTheEdge

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »
You're very welcome, Fran  :) 
I enjoy trying to solve problems in my head - especially ones l know nothing about, ha ha!

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »
I would suggest spray on glue too

I used some a while ago to fix some fabric to something - and it wasn't any fancy brand just some cheapy stuff from a car boot I think! But it worked fantastically on the fabric and did the job I needed and held secure.

Only thing I wouldn't use spray glue for is anything polymer clay as I suspect there would be compatibility issues

But fabric onto other porous surfaces would be fine I expect

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
Lol @ Carrie. Glad you enjoyed yourself. ;)

Emma,
Thanks for that. I've managed to get hold of some spray glue now, I'll be testing it shortly.
About polymer clay compatibility issues. Thanks, noted.

I tried to get the 3M super 77, Karolina S. But too expensive and would take too long for impatient me. Got mine from a local Electronics shop (Rapid) Recommended by the assistant... hmmm, I'm still testing it first. Lol. Even though she admired my Turtle necklace.

I might yet end up getting some of the 3M Super 77 if this current can doesn't work.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:43:57 PM by FranOnTheEdge »
FranOnTheEdge

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »
I've tested it now, and it looks like it's best putting the dry fabric onto card which has been sprayed with glue, rather than spraying both the card and the fabric. See pic*
Top strip of fabric is dry and placed onto sticky card, bottom strip had glue sprayed onto both card and fabric. As you can see, when I sprayed onto fabric the driggles of glue must have seeped into the fabric a bit and thus show through.
But the top strip has no such markings.
I waited only about 1 minute (as long as it took me to get back upstairs (I sprayed outside) and cut a quick new strip of the fabric to press immediately onto the sprayed card.)
Instructions say wait 1 to 2 mins, for glue to dry a little and become sticky rather than wet.
So that worked out quite well!
FranOnTheEdge