EJR Beads

Author Topic: Deep Red Stamps  (Read 1933 times)

Ondineblue

Deep Red Stamps
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

I really love playing around with textures and stamping generally, so I'm always on the lookout for new things to experiment with. I have an Amazon gift voucher to use and was looking at texture stamps when I came across this brand. It's a new one on me and I wondered if anyone else had experience of using this type of stamp? They are semi-firm foam-backed rubber stamps and they appear to come in a huge range of styles, aimed mainly at the scrapbooking market.

I've also noticed that there are a lot of Lisa Pavelka rubber stamps available at very competitive prices compared with what I'm used to seeing  - are they worth investing in whilst they are on offer? I've heard good things about them but not had the funds to invest in stamps that are normally 10 or more a pop.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Kim
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:14:17 AM by ejralph »

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Deep Red Stamps
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:01:43 PM »
No experience with those, but after watching the video it looks as though many of the designs are too 'plain' to work well with clay.  It does obviously depend on what you will be making, but polyclayers tend to like stamps that have plenty of fine lines rather than large plain areas.  You might also find that you can't get a deep enough impression if the foam backing is at all soft.  Unmounted or cling stamps or wood backed are all good though.

I haven't looked at others in the range but unless there are others with the fine detail like Lisa's have l think you'd get limited use out of them.  You can't go wrong with Lisa's designs though!

It's just occurred to me that many of Lisa's stamps are sold in packs of two, so check prices.
Emma sells some good stamps too  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:04:36 PM by Carrie »

Ondineblue

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
Thanks Carrie,

I did wonder that but I thought it was worth asking. Looks like my gift voucher will be usefully employed investing in the Lisa Pavelka ones then!  :) :) :)

Kim

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:20:04 AM »
Please be mindful of our forum guidelines regarding the promotion of commercially available supplies. EJR Beads sponsors this forum, so we do ask that the forum isn't used to promote competing products to those we carry in store.

http://www.polyclay.co.uk/index.php/topic,9.0.html

That said - remember, she who dies with the most polyclay tools wins  ;D
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Ondineblue

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 11:54:41 AM »
Apologies for that, I will be more careful in future.