EJR Beads

Author Topic: deco art metallic lustre  (Read 2069 times)

TaliB

deco art metallic lustre
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »
Hi, anyone had any experience with this, does it go sticky over time?  Just tried it and it is amazing on raw polyclay, when baked, it's bonded really really well to the clay, and would like to use it, but just that bit concerned about whether anyone has had it go sticky over time............... just popped my pieces into a pot with the date, to check over time, but would be great if anyone has personal experience with it :)

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: deco art metallic lustre
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
I haven't, but a quick google revealed that it is compatible and is also stays put better than lnkaGold, so l would say go for it  :)

By the way, l was curious, so l had a go at a couple of lnkaGold pieces with a fingernail and as you said it does scratch off - but as it's not something l would normally do l'm not going to worry ;D

TaliB

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
thanks for that :) and re the inka gold   :-\ but as you say, you've had it kicking about in jars and stuff and it's been robust on that, so it should be fine! :) I was using the fingernail test as both Ginger at Bluebottle Tree and the woman at beads and beading seemed to test for robustness that way, but it feel much more confident now having had you and Emma both say that you're finding inka gold robust enough for the lovely stuff you both make, so thanks so much for that.  It's really hard, as I'd like to make things to sell, but I worry about making sure that they're robust, long lasting and don't turn sticky! yikes! Which when starting out, so with no background experience is hard to know just what to do! :D

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »
I know what you mean - l don't sell anything even though l could probably knock up a line of cheap and easy things.....l don't worry about stickiness or durability - my worry is scratchy cord ends and crimps and stuff  ::)

TaliB

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:40:18 PM »
nooooooooooooo a whole new list of things for me to worry about!!!! ;) :D