EJR Beads

Author Topic: Hi From Marie in Bury, Lancs.  (Read 2088 times)

Marie

Hi From Marie in Bury, Lancs.
« on: September 20, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »
Hi from Bury, My name is Marie and I've just joined the forum and looking forward to chatting and learning from you all via the forum.
My interest in Polymer Clay started via Air Dry Clay after watching Create and Craft but then saw a program again on Create and Craft think it was about Polymer Clay and thought it was much better than Air Dry so here I am. I also go on the Sculpey University site which has a lot of very interesting tutorials some of which I like to try. I've made a few items such as a Micra shift pendant, scarf pin and key rings, and today I've just finished covering a set of 4 pin vices. I had to take an enforced break from crafting in general Christmas Day 2014 until about mid July this year following a fall christmas day in a local country park and breaking the upper park of my dominant arm. I just got everything ready for a good claying day after taking my dogs out and ended up in A&E - Oh well. I've promised myself a normal christmas day this year.
Bye for now
Marie

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Hi From Marie in Bury, Lancs.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
Hi Marie!

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your arm. My mum did the same thing and she is a cook, so was equally disabled by her arm-break. Thankfully she healed pretty quickly and soon able to return to all the whisking and rolling pastry and what-not. Hopefully you will heal equally quickly and soon be back to fighting fit.

Meanwhile, much creative fun can be had in our minds just planning what projects to do, reading up about new techniques, thinking about colour combinations, chatting here with other clay-obsessives! etc. So hopefully you won't go too stir crazy for the clay whilst you are getting better!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Saashka

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Hi Marie and welcome! I look forward to seeing your creations.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »
Hi Marie - welcome to the forum  :)

Sorry about your arm - it must have been so frustrating.......glad you've recovered now  8)

Marie

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:11:18 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I've chosen as my avatar my two dogs Billy and Kelly, they are brother and sister though not litter mates. Kelly, the one more stretched out is a couple of years older than Billy. They are Cross Greyhound/Saluki and I've had them 3 years come December. Kelly is now about 11 years old.
Marie

MilleD

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »
Lovely dogs.  I love greyhounds and salukis but not sure I've ever seen a cross before.  Bet they are lovely natured.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »
What lovely dogs!

You will find most of us here are animal lovers too, with quite a variety of pets!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies