EJR Beads

Author Topic: Talk to me about dream studio set-ups  (Read 5815 times)

Karolina.S

Re: Talk to me about dream studio set-ups
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 11:41:46 AM »
Bummer Shelley :)
Timrċ in the north of Sweden. Always with my polymer clay eyes open.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77424684@N04/ http://www.facebook.com/Hobbyrian

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
If you end up with an outdoor studio, bear in mind the unwritten law that says that as soon as you're engrossed and your hands are covered in stuff you will feel an urgent need to rush in to the toilet.......just sayin'  ::)

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »
If you end up with an outdoor studio, bear in mind the unwritten law that says that as soon as you're engrossed and your hands are covered in stuff you will feel an urgent need to rush in to the toilet.......just sayin'  ::)

Oh bound to!  ROFLMAO!
FranOnTheEdge

Karolina.S

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »
Yesterday me and husband where talking I and we decided to move when we can. Where we rent  there are 3,5 room apartments but we rent a 3 roomer :-)
I so much hate the moving logistics that I for a long time now said a blank no to moving unless I get a garden for the kids to play in.
But yesterday we agreed on moving and the extra half sized room will be for me me me as a clay room  :) :) :) and we will have two bathrooms. No garden though as all 3,5 roomers are on the second floor.
Now I don't know when this will be as we have to wait until someone decides to move from a 3,5 roomer. It can take days or years until that happens.
There is a que system and we have so many points in that system so we will be first in line for any apartment. Now let's hope it won't take years.  :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:39:46 AM by Karolina.S »
Timrċ in the north of Sweden. Always with my polymer clay eyes open.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77424684@N04/ http://www.facebook.com/Hobbyrian

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »
Fingers crossed, Karolina!

Bonipie

• Boni
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 05:45:10 AM »
So, no posting since I have moved.  I have joined a guild that is ONLY 30 miles from me.  Everything in Phoenix is lots of miles away.  I am moved into my small home, and have decided on hobby space.   I have moved furniture or sold it, and have 2 available walls to accommodate my hobby.  But, sadly, I cannot implement it for a month.  :-[  I will have a large hobby table that takes one wall in the living room, which I will keep 'relatively' clear.  It will be 36" wide and 68-102" long.  It will look out of my picture window North to the Superstition Mountains very close by.  I am having storage cabinets installed on the other wall-8 Feet wide by 9 feet high, and 2 feet deep.  I am looking forward to the new, wonderful hobby space, but will wait patiently until all is available.

On another note, I will be participating a 4 day retreat up in the northern mountains of Prescott, Arizona the last of Sept.  It will be a very good way to get to know the others in the guild.  I will be giving a demo about my rustic beads.

I'll send photos when I am able to set up my studio.  I have been able to really enjoy everyone telling us about their studio.  Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Boni  8) in wonderful Gold Canyon, Arizona
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:49:23 AM by Bonipie »

JonB

• JBDRusticOrganic on Etsy
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 07:57:28 AM »
'The Superstition Mountains' ! Sounds amazing ;-) Why are they called that?
Good luck with it all btw ;-)

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »
Oooh, Boni, The Superstition Mountains sound wonderful, I'll bet there are a lot of stories about them.
Great that you're getting a new craft space.  I hope the move went okay?
I'll look forward to seeing how you get your crafting area/s set up and organised.

I wish I was organised, but there just isn't room here. Maybe one day.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat, and at Gold Canyon.
FranOnTheEdge

Bonipie

• Boni
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
Oooh, Boni, The Superstition Mountains sound wonderful, I'll bet there are a lot of stories about them.

'The Superstition Mountains' ! Sounds amazing ;-) Why are they called that?
Good luck with it all btw ;-)

The mountains are very high (for Phoenix area) and very rugged (for any area).  I have hiked the main attraction a few times over the years.  Really a pretty good hike-like tough.  There really are a lot of stories about the mountains, true and not so true.  Before search and rescue, there were regular people lost hiking.  Some for a long time, some forever.  There are many visitors from other countries (as well as other areas of our country) and they look at the mountain and say 'how hard could that be?' and they become part of the history.

There are many stories about the origin of the name.  Some attribute it to Indians back in history-many stories there.  And, then there's the lost gold mine stories.

Sad Story Warning
The latest addition to all of the chaotic history was a year or 2 back.  Many private plane pilots love to show their visiting friends the mountain.  No one knows why (loss of power, sun in the eyes, whatever), a pilot did not pull up and flew into the face of the mountain with 4 people in the plane.  All died - 2 were children.  It literally traumatized  the whole area  (thousands, maybe millions of people) as they drove home from work, traffic heli's reporting the whole tragic accident, as the plane burned on the side of the mountain and you could see it for many miles.  They haven't been able to clear the debris of the accident (for safety reasons), and you can still see the blackened spot.  Luckly, I can't see that area from my window.

I'll post photos when I'm done-no cabinets for a month.

Hugs, Boni  8) in Wonderful Gold Canyon, Arizona

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 11:39:12 AM »
Oh that is so sad

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies