EJR Beads

Author Topic: "Bonjour" from France :-)  (Read 2522 times)

L-Imaginarium

"Bonjour" from France :-)
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:17:30 PM »
Good evening everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me on this big forum about polymer clay !

My name is Marion, I'm a 21 year-old french woman.
I've always loved crafting in many ways...but, when I encountered polymerclay one and a half year ago, it really was the revelation !
From this point, I've been doing miniatures and jewels in polymerclay, sometimes up to several times a week (aside of exams periods...since I'm still a student).

I really enjoy talking about polymerclay...I would be happy to build some real exchange about it (techniques, inspirations, universes / individualities) with other people.
What I find amazing is that, when people feel confident enough about themselves and their abilities to manipulate clay, they often try new things with polymerclay => things that really belong to them.

I would like to encounter people with their own universe and help if I can people who start with polymer clay...

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: "Bonjour" from France :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Marion!

I can hear your enthusiasm for the clay, it is wonderful! You'll find many of us here are equally passionate about this cool modelling material. Maybe because of all the colours? Maybe because there is ALWAYS something new to learn? I don't know. I just know it really is an addictive material that has so many possibilities, it is impossible to get bored with it!

Looking forward to seeing your creations - I hope you will share some photos with us soon! Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.  :)

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Bonipie

• Boni
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:05:36 AM »
Welcome, Marion,
This is a very nice, active forum.  Have a look at the monthly galleries.  And, there are very comprehensive threads (discussions) about many techniques.  I hope you continue your fun with clay.

Hugs, Boni  8) in Hot Sunny Yuma, Arizona (where I'll stop complaining about the heat $$$$$$$$$$$ and the cost of air conditioning).

L-Imaginarium

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:12:46 AM »
Thank you very much, Boni and Emma :-)

*Emma: what you say is really true...the first thing that got me attracted to polymer clay (aside of the fact that it was a modeling material) was the colours => I find them marvelous...and I really enjoy combining them together to get new colours !

And you are right, there are so many techniques that I have the feeling that a whole life isn't enough to learn them all XD.

Yes, of course, I will look for the gallery, see other people's works and post some photos too ;-)

Karolina.S

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »
Welcome!

For me it is the fact that i can do anything (almost, dont think my girl would like a PC dress) without having to change the medium, juts change the techinique :)
Timrċ in the north of Sweden. Always with my polymer clay eyes open.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77424684@N04/ http://www.facebook.com/Hobbyrian

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
The versatility is astonishing with clay. Also the relative consistency between colours is something we don't always appreciate as much as we should. With glass rods or ceramic glazes that I use in my other bead making, the behaviour of the material can vary wildly depending on the colour and require very different treatment. But polyclay is broadly the same, apart from maybe the translucent colours being a bit softer.

So you don't really have your hands tied too much with polyclay and I love that. You can just use any old colour with anything else and not have to think too much on the technical side.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
Hello, Marion  :)  Welcome to the forum!

Karolina.S

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »
In the beginning of time that was true about PC to. That diffrent clay colors behaived diffrently but not anymore :) At for me. How about for you Emmma? I was using Cernit then.
Timrċ in the north of Sweden. Always with my polymer clay eyes open.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77424684@N04/ http://www.facebook.com/Hobbyrian

L-Imaginarium

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
I agree with you Emma...it's true that we dont have to bother too much about what will come from mixing such colour with such other one, because the result is often pretty much what you expected at the beginning.

Aside, as you said, from the translucent ones (I've had some bad surprises with those kind of clays when I started polymerclay XD).

I didn't know it was different at the beginning of polymerclay though :-)

MyrtleWeed

• FrisbyCreek Arts
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »
Bonjour Marion and welcome,

I think, like you, that clay is a great medium for people to express their creative individuality. You can tell a lot about a person from their clay makes (who needs a crystal ball!):)