EJR Beads

Author Topic: Slide beads  (Read 1361 times)

MilleD

Slide beads
« on: June 12, 2015, 09:51:28 AM »
Hi peeps,

I am trying to locate where to buy the 'compression' beads that are used over either cords or chain to fasten (usually) bracelets.

Hope I'm ok posting this link - if not Emma can you remove - but this the fastening I'm looking for, but in silver.  I think they have rubber or silicone inside that helps them grip.

http://www.monicavinader.com/esencia-friendship-bracelet/rose-gold-vermeil-esencia-friendship-bracelet-white-topaz-silver-metallica?search=%2Fshop%2Fin-collection%2Fengraved&source=shopstyle

I've tried web searches and the only thing I've come up with is a site in America.  Was hoping to find something in the UK.  I must not be using the correct words...

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Slide beads
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
Goodness, no idea, l'm afraid.  The only ones l've seen for sale have been for outdoor gear, like jackets. They'd all be plastic.
Can't think what else you could call them.   I'll see if l can track down the firm l used to use some years back when l made my own walking trousers etc...in those days they didn't have a website (we probably didn't have computers, now l think of it!) but they might still be going and if so there might be a clue as to what they're called.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Slide beads
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »
Well, amazingly, they're still going and what you want is 'cordlocks' - l'll pm you with the link in case black plastic will do....