EJR Beads

Author Topic: Advice on finishing  (Read 5330 times)

JonB

• JBDRusticOrganic on Etsy
Re: Advice on finishing
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 08:12:22 AM »
Meths is an evocative smell for me, too. The thing that comes to mind is those small scale working steam engines and traction engines some people's dads/grandads had when I was a kid. They ran on meths. I always liked the purpleness of it too. An exotic liquid. .  ;-)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »
Meths only works on freshly applied / touch dry paint. It won't remove acrylic paint that has been allowed to fully dry/cure.

Not sure if I made that clear or not previously - apologies also if it is obvious. Just putting it in here for posterity really

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

MilleD

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 01:24:26 PM »
Yes you did Emma, I've not applied the paint yet on the bangle, was waiting until I got the meths.

Just need to decide what to use now...

MilleD

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »
So just me with the meths/plaster ripping combo?

???

I've used it Trangia fluid too, but the smell definately bought the plaster episodes back more strongly.

Interestingly, the deja vu sensations experienced when encountering certain smells is due to the fact that the sense of smell is the only sense that bypasses the hypothalamus and enters the cortex directly so isn't 'watered down' or controlled in any way by the thalamus, and so the strong nostalgia we feel on smelling certain scents comes about.