EJR Beads

Author Topic: Free downloadable templates  (Read 3983 times)

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Free downloadable templates
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:20:44 PM »
..from Ana Belchi - print them out and cut with a craft knife.  I love having the 'hole' as well as the solid shape and actually prefer having them in paper rather than the bought plastic ones!

http://www.anabelchi.com/en/descargas

monkey ann

• Illuminati
Re: Free downloadable templates
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:51 PM »
Thanks Carrie, great shapes. 

They can be made into firm templates by laminating a sheet and carefully cutting out the shapes with a craft knife, if any one wants to.
Ann from Croydon, Surrey

Sylvia

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:47:49 AM »
Has anyone got one of them laser cutter doo-dads?  Give it a shape and it cuts it out of whatever material you put in?  (Well, probably not WHATEVER material.  Not, like, y'know, concrete.  But paper, mylar, fabric . . .)  I think Chrissie Baker has one - she says that it cuts so well you get both shapes perfectly - doughnut AND hole.
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:20:14 AM »
That's a good idea, Ann - also l saw someone on flickr cutting up milk bottle plastic.

No, Sylvia....sounds a bit ott!   I don't mind having to print them out again if necessary!  Using a knife means you get hole and middle anyway.

I have some others l found online - l'll have to track down where from.  My printouts of those don't have a name, unfortunately.

xena

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Thanks, Carrie. Great Shapes!
Hazel :)

katiep1959

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:39:03 PM »
Thanks, fab shapes  ;D

JewelryByAmyT

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »
Thank you  :)
Glass artist learning to play with polymer clay,
Katherine

monkey ann

• Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
Working on making them into laminated templates.  Had slight issue, some of the shapes are printed close together. 

1st attempt, I cut the shapes out, spread them out on thin card, then laminated.  Small pocket of air around each shape made it difficult to cut them.

2nd attempt, took two printouts of same shape, marked some with a cross, leaving nearest neighbour blank.  All those missed from first sheet got marked on 2nd sheet.  Both sheets went into a pouch together and got laminated.

Laminating pouches come in 150 and 250 microns.  250 microns are better and make a much stiffer template.  Check your laminator has settings for both.

Or just buy some templates.
Ann from Croydon, Surrey

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »
It sounds more trouble than it was worth, Ann! 

One reason l like paper ones more than bought ones which have several cut-outs on each sheet is that when you lay the paper one down on your clay you are a lot less likely to mark the rest of the sheet - it's almost inevitable with plastic ones. 

Oh - another reason for preferring home-made ones - l have both the cut-out and the solid shape - l find the best spot with the cut-out then replace it with the solid piece and cut round that so there's no danger of the knife slipping and ruining my piece  :)