EJR Beads

Author Topic: Suns, Moons and Loganberries  (Read 2316 times)

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
Suns, Moons and Loganberries
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
I've thought a lot about how to create a filled crescent in wire and all I can come up with is this:

a former made out of clay around which I can try wrapping wire... I tried it with a scrap of 28 gauge, and it sort of worked, but I need to start halfway up the former I think... and I might need to sand the former...

In the meantime, the loganberry is baked and now has an integral jump ring (my intermediate sized jump rings arrived just before the holiday).

Plus the stamps I carved on Salhouse Broad plus the reverse stamps of the originals, have been used and the results baked:
first the reverse stamps:

and now the ones carved on holiday:

The Sun & Moon stamped images plus the Loganberry have all had some Cosmic Shimmer powders brushed into the raw clay - carefully!

I still haven't got the originals completely clean of floor wax, but when I do I want to try a similar effect but with glaze and the powders, or else I'll just stamp them again and do the powders right into raw clay instead, but more deliberately and precisely this time.

FranOnTheEdge

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
Re: Suns, Moons and Loganberries
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:38 AM »
That's a good idea to use a moon shaped form for the wire.  Keep us posted.

Mel  :)

Alan

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:31:06 PM »
That loganberry is on the edge, Fran!  ;)  It looks good enough to eat.  Lovely!  :)
Alan from wet and windy, but deceptively mild Cumbria, UK.
https://etsy.com/uk/shop/AlanCordiner

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »
That loganberry is on the edge, Fran!  ;)  It looks good enough to eat.  Lovely!  :)
I am quite pleased with it, now I'm thinking about maybe doing a pea pod and some more different coloured berry things, maybe going a bit stranger if I can come up with something suitably strange?
FranOnTheEdge

JonB

• JBDRusticOrganic on Etsy
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:57:16 PM »
Yeah yeah, strange is good ;-)

Alan

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
Yes, strange can add that "WOW!" factor and make something stand out and be noticed.  How about peas in a metal pod?  ;D
Alan from wet and windy, but deceptively mild Cumbria, UK.
https://etsy.com/uk/shop/AlanCordiner

FranOnTheEdge

• Illuminati
    • Fran's Crafts Website
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
Yes, strange can add that "WOW!" factor and make something stand out and be noticed.  How about peas in a metal pod?  ;D

I'll think about it, but I don't have any metal working tools at the moment, so I couldn't make a metal pod.

However I am looking at a slightly shrivelled blueberry, that might lead to something.... maybe something larger but with similar ridges.
Or maybe not, I'm still thinking about it.
FranOnTheEdge