EJR Beads

Author Topic: Stuff I'm working on  (Read 26713 times)

JamesTheSculptor

• The Thoughts of James the Person
Re: Stuff I'm working on
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2017, 09:53:27 PM »
As usual quite brilliant work, any Doctor will do for me! Loved Mark Gatiss tv series on horror films can't wait for them to repeat it(great likeness too).

Thank you very much! Gatiss is a bit of a hero of mine and his horror series was superb. I always try to catch them when they get repeated. Unfortunately because of the copyright of the clips and bits and pieces they feature in the programme, it'll more than likely never be released. A great shame.

JamesTheSculptor

« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »
One day I may be brave enough to attempt a human. That day is not today  ;D These are amazing! I'm not jealous and I'm not green....honestly! :)

Faces are fascinating. We see them everyday and yet they are one of the most difficult things to recreate, and to have an ounce of life in them is even harder. I feel I have only *just* managed something close to both!
You should try it sometime, I LOVE seeing other people sculpting faces, I really really do.
Thank you so much! And I look forward to seeing what you do next!

JamesTheSculptor

« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »
I think Mark would love being portrayed so, great likeness as usual!

Ha! So do I. I did actually Tweet it to him after I finished it, but alas he didn't respond. He must get that sort of thing all the time!
Thank you. You are too kind.

JamesTheSculptor

« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »
So I've been away for a little, mainly because I've not been feeling very much on my game of late and also been trying to get some writing going. Had a couple little sculpting moments but they didn't really come to anything.
I have something new however. Well. Kind of new. I started it in October of last year and only just completed it because of it's topicality.

Like many others I can not wait for the new series of Twin Peaks and wanted to do something to mark it.
I'd tried sculpting Kyle Maclachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper a couple years back to really not that much success, then again a little later to only a fraction of success. This time I feel I have hit the mark, but only just.
To be fair it wasn't originally intended to be Cooper but Maclachlan's character from Dune whose name both escapes my memory and ability to spell it. It was tentatively going to be a puppet for a friend's project which would have been composited into a CGI landscape etc. But it really didn't leave the initial stages and got left behind. Basically I wanted an excuse to sculpt him and there it was.

Anyway, here he is!

Anyway, hope you like him!

jackster

« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2017, 02:29:15 PM »
Excellent work as usual James. I love your attention to detail, the eyes are amazing and I think it is these that really bring a face to life or kill it completely. Yours are really really good!!!

Cheers

Jackster

Beadbug

« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2017, 11:44:46 PM »
Hi James, hope you're feeling better. Spotted the likeness straight away, one f my most favourite tv series I'll be watching tomorrow. The character he played in Dune, was Paul Atreides(?), later Muad'dib as leader of the Fremen. If I sound like a bit of an anorak, I'm not, just love the Dune series having read them all except for two that were written by his son and a co-author,can't remember his name.