EJR Beads

Author Topic: Alcohol Inks?  (Read 10593 times)

Crafty Tash

Using Alcohol Inks
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip on using alcohol inks over the metal leaf after it has been baked.  I had been experimenting, using the metal leaf, then inks with a final layer of translucent.  Despite the layer being really thin I wasn't very pleased with my results.  I am going to give this a go as I love the look of the beads shown in this thread by Gembox - happy polytherapy!

Crafty Tash

Re: Alcohol Inks?
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
Can anyone give me some guidance on using alcohol inks please.  I have used silver leaf over my clay and then dabbed on some inks in various hues. Having left it to dry,  I find that as soon as I work the clay the ink comes off in my hands.  I keep experimenting with this technique but haven't made a success of it yet.

noani

• Eva
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »
You can cover the inksheet with a VERY thin layer of translucent when it's completly dry! Then run it through the pasta machine  on a medium setting.Helps to thin the trans even more.When you sand and buff the finished piece/bead the translucent wount show.

fluff

• Faith
    • Abyjem Hand Made Jewellery
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »
Wow - there are some eye-poppingly gorgeous beads here - lovely

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
You can cover the inksheet with a VERY thin layer of translucent when it's completly dry! Then run it through the pasta machine  on a medium setting.Helps to thin the trans even more.When you sand and buff the finished piece/bead the translucent wount show.

That's just what I do too.

jembox

• Jan the Man In Cincinnati, But still call PA.Home
    • jembox's FLickr Page
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 04:06:52 AM »
thanks Faith !!!!