EJR Beads

Author Topic: kato liquid clay and premo  (Read 2134 times)

ceidio

kato liquid clay and premo
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:55:42 AM »
I have a lot of kato liquid clay bought some time ago when using just kato clay but now I prefer premo as my solid clay. As the kato
liquid clay requires a curing temperature of 150 to 175 degrees c does anyone know if I can use both brands together and if it is ok to bake premo at the higher temperature than the usual 120 degrees that I cure it at?
Sorry if this has been discussed in a previous topic but I am still new to this.

monkey ann

• Illuminati
Re: kato liquid clay and premo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
I use Kato Liquid clay with Fimo Classic and bake at Fimo temps.  As only using such a thin layer of liquid clay, I hadn't even given it a thought.  Not had any problems
Ann from Croydon, Surrey

Gilladian

• My flickr page
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
Baking at Premo temps rather than hotter as Kato suggests, you won't get the super clear glasslike finish that Kato liquid CAN acquire, but it will still work perfectly well as a bonding agent or for sealing clay/mica/whatever...

ceidio

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »
thank you for the replies. I will give it a try  :)

MilleD

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
I was always under the impression that you needed to bake at the lower of the temperatures.

What is this super glasslike finish that Kato liquid gives - that sounds lovely.

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »
For the glassy finish, I believe you have to give the kato liquid a blast from a heat gun after it comes out of the oven.