EJR Beads

Author Topic: can you apply inka metallic paste onto metal?  (Read 2451 times)

Nafta

can you apply inka metallic paste onto metal?
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
Yes I know I am asking to give a metal a metallic look. But I was wondering if this is possiblr as I can them match the tone of the clay to the ring blank? I have been on google for some time now and cannot find the answer. Hubby has tried mica gols and silver powder I bought of Emma some months ago. They have a lovely look!! But would like to try this Inka paste. Any help much appreciated :)

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: can you apply inka metallic paste onto metal?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:55 AM »
I suspect not - since the inka paint is designed to work on porous surfaces.

You might find that by applying the right base coat and sealer, you could get it work though - who knows?

The Vintaj Patinas might be more useful - since they are designed exactly for colouring metal. Although you might find any shiny surface or polish on the metal counteractive to a durable finish. The patinas are generally designed for "raw" metal that hasn't been polished, plated or sealed in anyway. But a little sandpaper on the metal would probably open up the surface perfectly to the patinas
http://www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17_195

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »
I used some red on bronze colour metal fluted beads. 
It had a tendency to rub off on the raised parts but I dipped them in Klear and they seem ok - I can't scratch or rub it off - but it is on a necklace for me, rather than to be sold or given away  :)

Nafta

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »
thank you girls for your answers! i suspected it as a long shot :( Will have to investigate those patinas.... :)