EJR Beads

Author Topic: Surrey Open Studios this weekend  (Read 1853 times)

Elizabeth Campbell

• Elizabeth Campbell Jewellery
Surrey Open Studios this weekend
« on: June 15, 2013, 08:35:43 AM »
Hi,

If anyone lives in Surrey, UK, and is planning to visit some artists' studios this (or next) weekend, do consider swinging by Shere and saying 'Hi' to me.  It would be nice to have a chance to 'talk polyclay'!  (Two artists (a metal worker and a glass worker) are opening their studio and have kindly let me have some space there too.)

Met a nice lady yesterday who has just started in polyclay and is making doll's house miniatures.  I let her know about this forum and really hope she'll introduce herself soon.

Here are the details of the Open Studios event in Shere for anyone who is interested (and thanks again, Emma, for letting me post the details).
http://www.surreyopenstudios.org.uk/event/studios.php?ven_number=57

Elizabeth

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Surrey Open Studios this weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:20:43 AM »
The forum is all about supporting the sale of genuine, SRA handmade items - so this type of  link is most definitely allowed!

Good luck with the open studio and hope you sell loads and get lots of great feedback about your work

Emma

Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
Good luck!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Elizabeth Campbell

• Elizabeth Campbell Jewellery
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Thanks for the 'good luck' wishes!  :)

So far visitor numbers to the studio have been low (apparently much lower this year than normal), but in spite of low numbers I have sold some things, which is encouraging.  People are certainly intrigued by polymer clay and interested in seeing how things are made.  I need to gather up a few more 'half made' things to take along today (which is expected to be the busiest day of the event).

Prior to this event I'd never thought of doing 'Open Studios' but would definitely consider it again as an outlet for selling work and for meeting people and explaining about how polymer clay 'works'.  There are Open Studios events all over the country, so this might also be something that other clayers could consider having a go at...?  You don't even have to have a studio of your own; you can connect up with someone else who is willing to share their studio space.  :)

Eliz

Fiona

• Illuminati
    • WINIBI
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Good luck with the rest of the show Elizabeth.