EJR Beads

Author Topic: Product packaging.  (Read 3898 times)

AnnieG

• Handcrafted by Annie
Product packaging.
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:17:29 AM »
Hello all. Another question from me, sorry.
I would like to package my hooks in something nice, at the moment I wrap them in tissue, I try to make it look as pretty as I can but I'm not happy with it really. I would like to find some packaging that is appealing and pretty. Do any of you have any ideas or can anyone point me in the right direction please? I want something not too expensive, but eye catching and memorable. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you. xx

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: Product packaging.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
The forum rules don't allow people to recommend specific suppliers to you, but I am sure everyone can help with some ideas on the types of packaging that would look nice.

Much depends on how you are selling them too - are you selling through shops? Or by mail order etc?

I'd probably look at getting in some cardboard bracelet boxes  or probably better still, pen boxes - you can find quite narrow ones

You could then decorate those with rubber stamping or printed sticks with your logos or even get them custom printed. Many places will offer free logo printing - you only need to stump up for the cost of the original die being made.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

monkey ann

• Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
Hi Annie

Do you sew.  How about making little bags for them to go into, as their 'packaging'.  These could be simple tube shaped, with the tops closing by draw string, or made slightly longer to allow for a fold over top, held down by a button and loop, or ribbon stitched on, or glue on velcro spots.
Ann from Croydon, Surrey

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »
Hi Annie

Do you sew.  How about making little bags for them to go into, as their 'packaging'.  These could be simple tube shaped, with the tops closing by draw string, or made slightly longer to allow for a fold over top, held down by a button and loop, or ribbon stitched on, or glue on velcro spots.

That's a mighty fine idea! That would look lovely

Emma

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »
I have a fellow crafter who makes her own boxes and decorates them with funky wallpaper....there are plenty of tutorials all over the interweb for such things and they really stand out from the crowd!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bev

• Bev
    • Tamar Jewellery and Beads
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:56 PM »
My first thought was bracelet boxes  :-\

AnnieG

• Handcrafted by Annie
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:33 PM »
Sorry Emma, I worded that wrong didn't I? It won't (?!) happen again, I'm such a plonker at times.  :P

I'm selling them from my website and from Facebook. I try not to take on too many areas to sell because I get a bit bogged down with it all. I did see, after loads of searching on Google, some lovely little pillow boxes that I think were quite cheap at 17p each and cheaper the more you bought, I'm sure they were the right size so I will look into that. 

Monkey Ann!! That's an amazing idea!!! I'm going to have a go at making one or two and see how I get on. Fingers crossed.

Peter I found a couple of tutorials on youtube so I'm armed and ready if the cloth bags don't work out or the pillow boxes are not what I want after all.

Thank you Bev. xxx

Thank you all. xxxx

AnnieG

• Handcrafted by Annie
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
Monkey Ann I did it! I made some little cloth bags for the hooks to go in. I have a fabric jelly roll in the house, each piece was just the right width  and enough length to make 2 bags, so with the whole jelly roll I should be able to make 80 odd bags. I forgot to take pics of the first ones before posting them out but I've asked a couple of buyers do send me pics when they arrive and then I will post them here. They are a bit primitive but with a little practise I will get them perfect. Thank you for the idea.

As for labels I am going to make my own as I think they would 'fit' (go with) my little bags.

Thank you all again and I will post pics as soon as I can. xxx

AnnieG

• Handcrafted by Annie
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:52 PM »
Oh! I'm a junior member!!!  ;D

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »
As per the universally acknowledged law of internet forums .... without photos, it never happened.

So get that camera out and show us - they sound fab!

What is a fabric jelly roll btw?

Emma

AnnieG

• Handcrafted by Annie
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
I will ,just as soon as I can. It's best if you google fabric jelly roll, I could never explain it. It's for quilt making really.

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
Aha - just googled - they look fun.

Makes me wish I could sew....

Emma