EJR Beads

Author Topic: A difficult decision  (Read 3168 times)

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
A difficult decision
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »

I am closing my Etsy shop. It's not been easy lately to carry on with things. I am so bogged down with course work and have no time to re-stock.  So at the end of next week My shop will close, until then everything will still be for sale and for members of this forum there will be no P&P with this code CPPNP0413
I'll still be around though and making something (you can't keep a crafter down)  ;)
I have written a blog post about  my change of direction http://polynanasplace.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/downs-and-ups-and-soul-searching.html

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
Re: A difficult decision
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »
Well I certainly understand where you are coming from.

It is a really hard transition when selling to find that making becomes a chore on your to-do list rather than relaxation. I can relate to that a great deal!

But the main thing is to do what makes you happy and if you aren't dependant on your sales to pay the bills, it's silly to let the joy slip out of it.

Far better to take a break and do something different for a while until the passion for claying returns.

Hopefully you'll still keep coming here to chat though!

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »
That's exactly how it is Emma, the passion has gone out of it purely because I was selling. I'd much rather swap or gift my things but i was having to sell because I couldn't afford to buy the clay to keep making. Vicious circle.

I will keep popping in as I still appreciate all the wonderful things that can be done with clay and love all the creations that you lot make.
 :-*

MelMcG

• Mel
    • Cherryhill Studio
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
That's a shame Nan, but there's no point in doing something if it's not making you happy.  And for the record whenever the button swap happens, I hope you'll still want to take part and I also hope that I end up in your group!!

Mel  xx

ickledookie

• Angie Wirral UK
    • Bead Me Up Buttercup
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »
Awww Nan that's a real shame but I hope you stay true to your word & still come see us here!  ;) :D

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
That is a shame Nan....but I don't blame you, people don't realise just how hard it can be to try and sell your crafty stuff and fit in everything else that goes on in your life...I wish you luck in all your future endeavours and don't be a stranger!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »
Oh I will come back for chats and a catch up on a regular basis because no doubt I'll want to take up claying again in the future and I don't want to lose contact with all my lovely claying friends.  :)
Mel that's a lovely thing to say, thank you. I would still like to take part in the button swap, if you'll all have me  ;)

In the mean time, I already feel so much more relaxed, more able to concentrate on my course work. And the sewing, well I can pick that up and put it down as and when I like.  ;D

Bev

• Bev
    • Tamar Jewellery and Beads
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
 :( Sorry to hear that Nan. Good luck with your course work & keep in touch  :)