EJR Beads

Author Topic: Suggestions etc  (Read 34593 times)

Peter

• Because together we got power
    • Mango Fizz Creations
Re: Suggestions etc
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »
Being a man and unable to do complicated I request that we keep things as simple as possible. I like the Monthly Galleries. Just my five penny worth.   :)

Grubbi

• Ditsy Dabbler
    • Grubbi
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »
Another suggestion....

A monthly challenge?  Something like a theme or piece of art work that we have to create a piece of jewellery or bead based upon?

I already do these on some other sites and they're very popular. Sometimes members donate a prize for the winner or maybe an advertising spot for a week...or some other incentive, or even no incentive at all except for the challenge.

ejralph

• Administrator
  • They're not people, they're Hippies
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »
I like the idea of a challenge certainly. Had been wondering about something similar myself - but it's hard to know what time people will have to spare on an ongoing basis. Right now our membership is still quite small comparatively,  so we might be better to have them a little less frequently than monthly, at first anyway.

I like the idea of keeping it simple though - just for the fun of doing it.   

What does everyone else think - would they relish a challenge? My trouble is, that very much like the swaps, I have very little spare time to actually participate in these types of things myself - but more than happy to organise some for you all.

Emma
Emma from Sunny Sussex, UK
www.ejrbeads.co.uk Projects, articles, bead galleries & more
www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop Art beads, clay & jewellery supplies

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
I also like the idea of this. We could have a separate section for the challenge,  then say Emma could post all the months with the corresponding challenges in one go, keep it simple, eg. May is flowers, June is simple caneing, July is pink and mauve. Everyone could see what is coming up and if they wanted to do it, enter a picture of their piece in the thread for that month. It is then up to the individual to take part or not. It would also be nice to try techniques aswell as topics. Personally it would be lovely to see more of everyones work and would make me actually do something!
Carol.
Carol

polynana

• Nan xxx
    • Polynana Beads
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 05:06:24 PM »
Yes I like challenges, in my other forums we do them monthly and that is a bit difficult to get round to doing, so a little longer than monthly sounds good.
Colour challenges  might be good, say everyone has the same 3 colours and see what they come up with.

Grubbi

• Ditsy Dabbler
    • Grubbi
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
Colour themes would be great, or our favourite works of art...something like that.

Emma, would you consider making a button so we could link to the forum or would you not want the exposure? x

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
Im working on some ideas for challenges - very much along the lines you mentioned actually.

As for a button - yes - I am sure we can do something like that - will ask Mr Man about it. He is my go-to person for all things technical.

Always happy to have new members, so long as they are genuine clay lovers of course!

Emma

Silverleaf Shiny Stuff

• Anna Roberts
    • Silverleaf Shiny Stuff
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
Yes I like challenges, in my other forums we do them monthly and that is a bit difficult to get round to doing, so a little longer than monthly sounds good.
Colour challenges  might be good, say everyone has the same 3 colours and see what they come up with.

I like that idea too, being restricted to just a few colours.

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 03:01:53 PM »
Im working on some ideas for challenges

Emma
Looking forward to this.
Carol
Carol

ejralph

• Administrator
    • EJR Beads
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »
I think once the Royal Swap is out of the way, I will announce the theme for the first "Moderator's Challenge" to you all. But everyone participating in the swap has worked hard, as has Anna in organising it all - so I don't want to set anything else in motion to steal that thunder.

After that, I was thinking maybe bi-monthly challenges from me - just for fun, for anyone who fancies having a go.

That way, if others want to arrange other challenges, swaps etc - there is still enough room in everyone's diary to participate without feeling swamped or that they have to pick and choose between the different things going on.

Emma

Silverleaf Shiny Stuff

• Anna Roberts
    • Silverleaf Shiny Stuff
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 03:16:05 PM »
I think once the Royal Swap is out of the way, I will announce the theme for the first "Moderator's Challenge" to you all. But everyone participating in the swap has worked hard, as has Anna in organising it all - so I don't want to set anything else in motion to steal that thunder.

After that, I was thinking maybe bi-monthly challenges from me - just for fun, for anyone who fancies having a go.

That way, if others want to arrange other challenges, swaps etc - there is still enough room in everyone's diary to participate without feeling swamped or that they have to pick and choose between the different things going on.

Emma

I like it! I'm really looking forward to your challenges Emma, should be good fun.

As for more swaps, it would be great if someone else wanted to choose the theme and play distributor next time. Obviously I'm happy to keep doing it if no-one else is interested, but it really is fun and not much work at all, plus you get to see all the pretties before anyone else does! :D

rubyrube

• Carol
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 03:28:54 PM »

As for more swaps, it would be great if someone else wanted to choose the theme and play distributor next time. Obviously I'm happy to keep doing it if no-one else is interested, but it really is fun and not much work at all, plus you get to see all the pretties before anyone else does! :D
Anna, I would be happy to help with future swaps.
Carol
Carol

Silverleaf Shiny Stuff

• Anna Roberts
    • Silverleaf Shiny Stuff
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Anna, I would be happy to help with future swaps.
Carol

Awesome. :) Thanks!

Shirley

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
Me too, Anna.  :)
Shirley

Silverleaf Shiny Stuff

• Anna Roberts
    • Silverleaf Shiny Stuff
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »