EJR Beads

Author Topic: Today's makes  (Read 1763 times)

Klynn

Today's makes
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
I started with making a lady bug cane. Turned out so so. But all the rest of this stuff was made with the left over scraps from the cane. Of course I had to make beads - which I love making. The other things I made pendants. Played around with different shapes and three of them have built in bales. This was about 4 hours worth of work. I could keep going for the rest of the day but think I will stop for the day or I would be claying until midnight and have a billion and one pendants and beads.

Tomorrow I will get the holes in the beads and get them all cured. The other pendants with the non-built in bales I will have to figure out what i will be doing with those. Maybe adding clay bails to the back once they have been cure. I think the roundish one will get the traditional sliver pinch bail.

IMG_1115 by klcrist, on Flickr

Kari
Kari in Colorful Colorado, US

Carrie

• Beads from the Coast
Re: Today's makes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »
 :)  It's very satisfying turning the left-over clay into new creations, isn't it!
I really like the cylindrical beads at the top - they'll look great strung into a necklace!

Don't use all your scrap up though - there'll come a time when you'll need some for "bead guts"  -  rolling a log of it and covering it in some pretty sheet of clay you've decorated for example   ;)